Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 compatibility issue with a laptop

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit died but I got a new one. Yippie! I was very thankful. And life went on.......Then I had to get a new laptop. Only to learn my Fitbit would not work since Fitbit decided to change how we get the data. Unless I use a phone I can't sync data with my laptop...... I am furious that without warning you decide the data needs to go to a phone..... My phone is for work only so thanks for nothing.  I want it on a laptop like I had but nope can't do what makes sense.

Moderator edit: format/subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

i just fired up the old laptop.... can't down load anything from fitbit...... even with a fob....

Fitbit you need to fix this without using a phone! 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @PriscillaC. It's great to see you around. 

I'm very sorry for any inconvenience caused and thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback. Please note that any feedback posted in the forums is always welcome as it helps to improve our products, services and overall environment.

On a side note, I'd like to let you know that newer devices like the Ace 3, Ace 2, Aria Air, Charge 3, Charge 4, Inspire 2, Sense, Versa 2, and Versa 3 - aren't supported on Windows and require a compatible Android phone, iPhone, or iPad. 

For more information about supported devices and operating systems, please see www.fitbit.com/global/us/technology/compatible-devices. Thanks for your continued patience and understanding. 

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

And this is the point.... no warning nothing Fitbit decides to end the use of a device because you want it on a phone.... this is the problem..."aren't supported on Windows and require a compatible Android phone, iPhone, or iPad. "  If I'd been informed of this before I got the replacement I would not have gotten it. So I have a non working device now. It was working on the old laptop but not any more. you all should be ashamed at forcing the use of a phone.  you need to have a patch created to allow people to use the devices they have.... you know that old customer service thing. I have a brand new device that with out warning fitbit changed and in doing so the method I was using was shut off

It is clear no one really cares about the customer

Moderator edit: word choice

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PriscillaC Thank you very much for your reply. 

I understand how you are feeling and appreciate the feedback provided. Please note that our team is always working to enhance your experience and your feedback and comments are very appreciated, since these are a big part of that process.

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes