Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 constantly vibrating and not restarting.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

On Friday my Charge 3 stopped swiping (both up/down and side), I did a reset whilst it was on charge. This then made the screen stay blank after the smiley face. It automatically turned itself back on about an hour later but still didn’t swipe. I changed the clock faces several times and did a further reset the following morning but it still didn’t swipe. Then on Sunday it started to constantly vibrate until the battery ran out. It’s been on charge since but is still constantly vibrating and it isn’t allowing me to reset it at all now. Please advise, thanks. 

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

Hi @I.M148. It's good that the community is growing!

Thanks for sharing detailed information about your Charge 3's behavior. You've done a good job with the steps to change the clock face and restart it. Since your device keeps vibrating, please try performing a long restart with the following steps:

1. Plug your device back into the charging cable and hold the button down for 15 seconds.
  2. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  3. The device turns off.
  4. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  5. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  6. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.
Best Answer

It’s not allowing a restart, it previously had when it wasn’t allowing me to swipe but it’s now not restarting at all. When it’s plugged in  and I hold the button down it only changes to the screen wake/setting screen and stops vibrating temporarily. After 10/15secs it returns to the home screen and starts vibrating and flickering again. 

I’ve had to let it run out of battery as it was continuously vibrating and the screen was flickering when it was both on charge and off the charger. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LizzyFitbit can you please advise what the next steps are as the Fitbit is still unusable and won’t restart. Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @I.M148. I'm glad to see you here again, and I'm sorry for my delayed response.

I appreciate your efforts while trying the steps posted above. for getting back and confirming that you've tried the steps posted above. Since the issue persists, I've gone ahead and requested a case on your behalf so our Support Team can take a deeper look. They'll send you an email soon, keep an eye on your inbox.

Catch you later!

Best Answer

Hi there, I am experiencing the same exact thing with my fitbit charge 3 and have tried everything listed above and still can't get it to restart or anything 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @theonalvarado. Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for the time taken to troubleshoot your Charge 3. I'm sorry that you're having this experience and since your tracker is still not responding, I've contacted our Support Team so they can create a case on your behalf and provide you with further assistance via email. Please note that due to recent events affecting our operations there might be a delay in their reply, but they'll get in touch with you soon.

Let me know the outcome.

Best Answer

Hi

I also have the same problem. Is there any solution to this issue? 

Thanks for the support btw 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Arendal. Welcome to the Community Forums.

You're welcome and thanks to you for sharing that your Charge 3 is having the same issues. I was checking your details and I've been informed that you already have a case created with the Support team. It seems they've provided you with assistance via email, so keep an eye on your inbox.

If you need anything else, let me know.

Best Answer
Yes, they were very helpful.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem and now I´m only able to see the happy face but nothing more happen. Hope you can support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello I'm experiencing the same thing. However, mine is stuck in exercise mode and it wont stop. When I have attempted to reset, it only goes to the Screen Wake and notification icon. It vibrates intermittently. Please help as nothing is functioning as it should.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MsSara and welcome to the community.

On fitbit.com there is an online support chat, I highly recommend contacting them. They will go through troubleshooting with you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did the update software first and then tried the clock face change ant now my device works fine. Try this video after complete the software update.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Arendal. I hope you're doing well. @jr_reyes and @MsSara, welcome on board.

@Arendal, I'm glad that you had a good experience with our Support team and thanks for helping other members. You're awesome!

@jr_reyes, thanks for joining this conversation and sharing that your Charge 3 started working well after completing the firmware update. This is a great tip and I'm sure others will find your post very helpful.

@MsSara, thanks for your efforts while troubleshooting your Charge 3. Just to confirm, have you tried to end the exercise by pressing the button twice and tapping on Finish? If that's correct, I'd recommend to try a long restart with the steps described above. I'll look forward to your response.

Best Answer

I am experiencing the same exact thing with my fitbit charge 3 and have tried everything listed above and still can't get it to restart or anything

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too! I do the steps and wait for it to charge. Once  I take it off the charger, it shows the time and standard information but within a few minutes it starts its constant vibration and the screen is blank. I put it back on the charger and have repeated the procedure requested but it is just vibrating again. 

Thank you for your help ahead of time. 

-Dawn

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I am also getting this issue, I have tried to do the steps stated but my fitbit charge 3 is not recognising being plugged in is there any help you can offer. thanks in advance

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have followed all the steps suggested and it still didn't want to work. I just stop wearing it as I feel the issues I'm having with the device are not acceptable. I paid too much for it to just stop working in less than 8 months of using it. I don't foresee getting another Fitbit since customer service can't provide assistance and response time is extremely poor.

Best Answer

I have tried this and it didn't work.  Now what should I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes