Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 dead after 1.5-2 years?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 3 randomly went crazy flashing and vibrating screen and I can't get it to reboot. After some research, this seems to be a foulplay of planned obsolescence by fitbit since it seems to be happening to most people shortly after the warranty ends and there is no cure. So I'm curious, how many people had this happened to? How long did yours last?

Mine is dead after 1yr 8mos. The battery was draining faster than it used to and the strap broke after 1yr. Would not buy again.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

My Blaze was bought in March 2016 and kind of still works. I think the heart rate function is iffy now though. But it can still hold a charge for a couple days.  It was solid for 2 years until I bought a Versa. I've had Versa's for 2 years now. The current one is my third. I had two replaced under warranty for battery issues. The current one is over a year old and still holding strong. I was going to maybe upgrade around Black Friday, but as well as this Versa is doing, maybe I'll stick with it a little longer since I can't have 2 at the same time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 3 had been working great up until last week. I awoke to find the screen showing nothing but jumbled white lines.  It literally happened overnight with no sign that anything was wrong with it.

I've had my Charge 3 for almost 2 years and I'm afraid it has died.

Best Answer

@S_Underhill if you are by any chance in the UK remember that your device will still be under warranty until it passes 2 years old. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, I'm not, though, had our recent elections turned out differently, I might be considering a move.

Since my Charge 3 is out of warranty and Fitbit doesn't appear eager to offer up a fix, my only option is to buy a new fitness tracker, but most likely, not another Fitbit.

Best Answer

My first one lasted 8 months. Fitbit replaced it. My replacement lasted 11 months. I get more promos from Fitbit than I get days of use out of the device.

Unimpressed!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. Charge 3 is ~1.5 years old. Worked perfectly until today. Charged it as normal earlier today, then midway through a workout it started to malfunction and in less than 15 minutes it was non-responsive. Does nothing when plugged in, no green light, no response to pushing buttons or manual restart procedures. It does randomly vibrate for 10-30 seconds. 

Best Answer