Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 detected but can't connect to phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

My charge 3 hasn't been able to connect to my new Samsung Galaxy S10.

When I try to connect it, the app gets as far as saying that it has found my tracker but it won't connect. I've tried:

Resetting my phone

Resetting my watch

Rebooting the watch (factory reset)

Turning Bluetooth on my phone off and on again

Logging out and logging in to the fitbit app

Reinstalling the fitbit app

Using another phone

These all get the same result - watch is detected but not connecting

Anything else that I should be doing?

Thanks in advance 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @MelW321, welcome to our Fitbit Community. Regarding the syncing issue that your Charge 3 has experienced, I appreciate the time spent trying to get this issue resolved before contacting our forums.

In order to avoid providing the same information, let me know how the factory reset was performed. In the meantime, follow the steps that are listed in this help article. This article may contain steps that you already tried but you can skip them and proceed with the rest.

Looking forward to your response.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi JuanJo,

I've tried all of those steps in the link with no success.

When I tried to factory reset the fitbit, I did this by hitting the clear user data button on the charge 3 under settings ->about.

Please let me know what the next steps are

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mines doing exactly the same.  Tried to remove and reads it to the app as it stopped syncing (again) and now it won't connect at all.   It often fails to sync and I have to remove it, after attempting for an hour or two to reset my phone and fitbit, restarting Bluetooth and both devices.  Once that fails.  I usually have to delete the fitbit from the app and reset it all back up from scratch.... Losing all my data of course. 

Best Answer
0 Votes