Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 developed white lines on screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 3 has suddenly developed these vertical white lines running down the screen. I can no longer swipe up or to the side either, though tapping the screen still seems to work. I've tried a reboot (hold button for 8 seconds) but no change. I also tried changing the clock face, but that didn't help either.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

IMG_5251.jpg

Best Answer
117 REPLIES 117

Are we buying products to contact the manufacturer within a year? Ridiculous. Why Fitbit is not coming out with answers to why this happens? 

Best Answer
I don’t know, but as I said, they were very responsive and helpful

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I contacted Fitbit support with pictures and a copy of my receipt.  I had a choice of a new one or a discount on a different model.  Good luck. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Same here, all resolved several months ago, not sure why this suddenly popped up again

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Once I got someone from Fitbit to assist me. I had to replace my watch. And I have no more issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. And because the warranty is only for 75 days, they won't replace mine. 😞 I spent too much money on my Charge 3 to get screwed over like this!

Best Answer
Mine was just at a year old and I never had warranty. They ended up helping
me and getting me a replacement. I would contact fitbit support.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did contact support. Called them today. They would only offer me 25% off. Even with that discount, it's the Special Edition that I have and I don't have $90 to replace it. I'll probably have to go w/another company.

Best Answer
0 Votes
They replace mine, actually I just received it today.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 3 started to display the white screen on friday and a few days prior to that I had the repeated notication from calendar problem show up.  I chatted with support today concerning these issues  and they were not willing to replace the watch.  It literally looks like new without a scratch on it after a year and a half.  This is my first problem/support call on the watch.  I don't think it's to much to expect a watch to last longer then a year and half.  The rep said they were sending me a coupon (which he didn't) and then he disconnected our chat while I was asking questions about the IOS problems and whether they could be related.   Once he found out my watch was past the warrenty period he became very rude and stopped responding to questions.   I wonder if they are getting so many inquiries on this problem that they can't keep up with the demand to replace?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I stand corrected, the coupon for 25% a new watch just showed up in my inbox.  😐

Best Answer
0 Votes

My screen is currently doing the same thing is there anyway to fix it I've tried the reset options as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Contact fitbit, they were very helpful to me. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
You need to contact customer care - they are very good - give them all the details.
Liz

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Should I contact them again?  You think they will do better then the limited time 25% disount on a new fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine was under a year old and they replaced it for me.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Depends on how old yours is and how long you have been a fitbit customer. You can always try, just be really nice and they tend to be helpful
Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here. Tried to restart and change watch faces numerous times to no avail. White lines just won’t go away. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi - try customer support - Fitbit are very helpful - cheers Liz

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have these white lines on my charge 3. I've already did a hard reset. Changed the clockface and still the same.  Please help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes