Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 didnt auto track swim session?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just purchased the Charge 3. It does say it has auto exercise recognition, however, I swam 50 25m lengths last night and it didn't acknowledge this as a swim, counted it as steps.

Previous had the flex 2 and this worked okay. Ideas anyone?

Best Answer
112 REPLIES 112

This is an OCD nightmare scenario. I'm thinking of going from the Flex 2 to the Charge 3 *today*, swimming is my main workout, this post makes me feel uneasy haha. Will be watching thread for sure! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The watch itself is impressive. I was very happy with it at first but now feeling deflated. Swimming is my main workout too but I only swim the breast stroke so now wondering if this is not a strong enough stroke to auto recognise?? I will be swimming again tomorrow, hopefully may work.... Will keep you informed!

Best Answer

It’s tough to imagine that the algorithm the wristband uses to track swimming has changed from the flex 2, but maybe!  I swim free and breast and they seem to track identically (for the most part) I’m sometimes under or over what I actually did but nothing like you’re experiencing. 

Best Answer

My Swim didn't Auto Track but you can get it to track your swim by going to the Swim Exercise on your Fitbit ( Swipe Screen  Left ) Click  on Swim & either Press Start or Set Goal ( remember to press the arrow to start if you Set Goal )  i did this today & it accurately tracked the length of tie i was swimming & the correct amount of lengths i did.  It's a bit of a pain having to do this instead of it Auto Tracking but hopefully Fitbit will resolve whatever the issue asap!  

Best Answer
Thanks for the reply, I have seen this but purchase the charge 3 mainly because of the auto tracking. Hope fit bit do resolve this because it’s a great gadget.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Yes I hope they fix it asap as the Auto Tracking Swim was the only reason I bought the Charge 3, I've got the Charge 2 which sadly doesn't have this function otherwise I'd not have changed it.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
Have you notified fit bit it doesn’t auto track? I wanted to but wasn’t sure if I was doing something wrong.
Anyway, I’m off swimming shortly so going to give it another go. Will keep you informed 👍

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I've notified Fitbit & they are looking into it & will get back to me in a few days, fingers crossed they resolve it asap.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Great, let me know the outcome. I’m going to ring them too tomorrow if it doesn’t work tonight. X

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Bought the charge 3 days ago purely for the swim tracker. Went swimming for the first time today and it didn't track.  Very very annoying. Come on fitbit get this fixed

Best Answer

Hello @CarolineBUk@Jonnyhalfhead@JenD10 and @Kangarupe, thanks for sharing your experiences with the new Charge 3. 

I'm sorry to see that you've been having difficulties to track the swim activity automatically. I know that you're aware of how the swim feature works, just make sure that you've set the pool length, and don't forget to check the information here for better accuracy. If you haven't done so already, I do recommend that you try performing a restart on your Charge 3 device, and try to have the swim activity tracked automatically again. 

@JenD10, thanks for reporting this with the Customer Support team, I've been informed that they have responded to you and the information has been forwarded to the appropriate department. 

Keep us posted. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your help. The pool length was set and I’ve just done a restart. Will let you know who it goes after my swim later tonight... fingers crossed 🤞

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve reset the charge 3 (got the smiley face) 

just done a 50 length swim and it’s still not recorded as a swim, it’s recorded as steps again. 

Will tel Fitbit tomorrow. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm trying this evening, I will also let you know how I get on

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just telephoned Fitbit, explained the problem and that I’d done a reset, was told I could use the manual exercise button to track the swim??? (Really, I mainly purchased the device due to the auto recognition) I was then told to do a a new set up on the device and to contact them if further problems. 

Now feeling a little fobbed off and thinking about returning it!

Best Answer

Do the total set up first to see if this helps x

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine hasn’t auto tracked either and now not syncing! Not impressed so far!

Best Answer

Wow... I am suddenly feeling very good about holding off on buying the 3. I would be furious if my swims weren't being recorded. 

Best Answer
It’s quite annoying really and I felt quite fobbed off with customer services.
Hold in tight, kangarupe.. Fitbit may solve this but if not I’ll be digging out my flex 2.
Not swimming now till next week so will keep you up to date x

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes