Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 didnt auto track swim session?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just purchased the Charge 3. It does say it has auto exercise recognition, however, I swam 50 25m lengths last night and it didn't acknowledge this as a swim, counted it as steps.

Previous had the flex 2 and this worked okay. Ideas anyone?

Best Answer
112 REPLIES 112

I do the same but I did 54 lengths today and it only said I did 5. I'm not the only one to complain about this. Iv been told fitbit have acknowledged there's a problem but are not doing anything about it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jonnyhalfhead I believe your right re loosening the strap. Did this again tonight and it has worked again. 

C850C461-06CE-47A1-BD1E-AB8DDB4DF5A4.png

Best Answer

I loosened my strap and it auto recognized my swim tonight! Had my heart rate and everything! Glad that worked! 

Best Answer

Glad to see some of you are experiencing some levels of success, but this thread has definitely shaken my confidence in the device and I'll have to wait for a different Fitbit device with reliable, consistent swim tracking, I'm too OCD to get something else not designed to work with my Aria 2 HA! 😄

I'm going to unsubscribe now, but to reiterate, I hope you are all posting your reviews to your designated websites of purchase. Fitbit definitely pays attention to negative reviews and they should learn that releasing sloppy product is unacceptable . Maybe if they had just hired 10 normal people to wear the things and go swimming they would have seen the inconsistent data (maybe they did!). 

Very disappointed Fitbit!

Best Answer

I bought primarily for swimming. It tracks lengths, time and distance accurately but not calories, heart rate, active minuets, fat burn or cardio. Very disappointing. I swam 960 meters in 25 mins (continuous front crawl) and only burned 45 calories with zero cardio minuets?! Don't think so.

Best Answer

I also am extremely disappointed with my Charge 3.  I previously owned a Charge 2, and entered my swimming manually, so having this automatic function to log swimming was the reason I brought a Charge 3.  I swim 3 times a week, always the same time (55mins) and same distance (1650m).... and this was all accurate, but the calorie burn was only 74!! It's about 400 cals out!  So I'm still having to do it manually!! What a waste of money!! Unless this is resolved soon with an update, it's being returned and I'll spend my money on another brand.

Best Answer

@JudyB71 I purchased the 3 for the exact reason. Mine has worked twice when loosening the strap but I did this again the other night and didn’t recognise the swim, so had to enter manually. I’m wondering if it actually a firmware problem or a problem with the watch design itself. 

I’m going to give it a few more swim session so see how it tracks and decide if need to return. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just wondered if anyone's managed to sort this issue permanently? 

I've gone from a Flex 2 that picked up my swimming fine (not always 100% accurate, but near enough) to Charge 3 that hasn't auto recognised a single swim!  Just feel fobbed off by chat support. 

Wondering whether it's worth trying for an exchange?  Latest is wait for a firmware update but no timescale and the firmware notes just say "This release includes bug fixes and improvements."

Best Answer

Text support suggested I restart the Charge 3 by pressing and holding button on side while it's plugged in.  The next time I swam, yesterday, it did actually auto-track!  First time it's worked, will see if it continues.  It did take about a half hour to show up in the app, even though it synced a few times.  But this is encouraging, especially because manually tracking on the devise itself is useless (it recorded 600 yards swimming with only 38 calories burned, and no heart rate data!).

Also, I see where some have had success by loosening the strap.  When I tried that it flops around on my wrist and doesn't record heart rate.  I actually made mine very tight, to stay up high, about a full 2 inches above my wrist bone and it tracked heart rate, active minutes, calories, everything.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried restarting, readding, loose, tight, etc etc after each chat suggestion and nothing has worked! Getting fed up of having to manually record each swim by time when I've been checking my progress until a few weeks ago. Going to go back to my flex 2 for swimming I think. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmm. Seems like there's a magic combo. I always set it to record exercise. Are you suggesting to let it do that itself?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been loosening my strap and letting the Fitbit auto detect my swimming and it has worked for me the last 3 times I have gone swimming. When it auto detects it gives me accurate calorie count and shows my heart rate information. Hope this continues and sorry to those who still haven’t got it working yet! Very frustrating! 

Best Answer

Ok thanks! I'll be sure to try that out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mogs84 mine doesn't auto detect swimming loose or tight.  Hope you have better luck!

Best Answer
It’s not tracked my last x 2 swim session, just been for a hour brisk walk and has not auto tracked that either.
Wondering if it’s not worked due to exercising over an hour???
It has auto tracked swims and walking for less than a hour
🤷‍:male_sign:

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I got an email from fitbit saying there is a problem with tracking swim lengths but they are not planning to do anything about it yet . I got a refund for mine, I'm sticking to the fitbit versa, which I prefer now 

Best Answer

It's not auto tracked one single swim for me.  I tried setting the activity as I thought that was better than nothing but couldn't swipe to set it in the pool, had to get someone out of the pool with dry hands to do it for me!  Have emailed fitbit (bought direct) to see if I can get refund or try a replacement.  Wish I'd stuck with flex 2 and a watch!

Best Answer
Thanks @Poppylove. Can’t believe Fitbit aren’t planning to do anything?
Well, in that case, maybe I should return to the flex2.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@CarolineBUk wrote:
Thanks @Poppylove. Can’t believe Fitbit aren’t planning to do anything?
Well, in that case, maybe I should return to the flex2.

Sent from my iPhone

This is the message fitbit sent me. How many people will be buying them for Christmas presents too and they don't do what they are supposed toThis is the message fitbit sent me. How many people will be buying them for Christmas presents too and they don't do what they are supposed to

Best Answer

Oh dear, well maybe they should update the product info BE84B9C3-F27B-4A35-80FE-7464851BE757.jpeg

Best Answer