Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 died after swimming

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

After a short swim, my Charge 3 first went crazy, turning on and off, vibrating erratically, then the screen turned blank and the battery was indicating 0%. I tried to charge it, nothing happened, blank screen  doesn't charge and gets very hot. Can you help? Thank you.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

Just wondering what's going on... I received an e-mail telling me that a replacement will be sent out to me asking me information to provide me with a prepaid shipping label. That was on March 31st.

I didn't receive any label neither by post nor by e-mail, I sent 2 e-mails to ask where things were and no answer whatsoever.

Can you tell me what's going on?

Thanks

Fr.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
41 REPLIES 41

Hi @FrancineR Oh dear - not sounding good! I will flag your post for a moderators assistance.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I had the same problem as you just three days ago in a resort pool.  I was on vacation in a place that didn't have wifi except at the reception area.  I had to wait hours before I could plug it in and try to restart it. even that didn't work.  I am home now and reset it in the presence of my wifi.  The problem now is that the red light stays on and it looses charge in a day. It is Saterday and I will reach out to fitbit on Monday.

Best Answer

@FrancineR @ToledoBern Welcome! It's nice to have you on board! 

I will gladly assist you with this and thank you for troubleshooting the issue. Since the issue persist please let our Support team know so they can further assist you. I have created tickets for both of you so you will get an email from them.

@NellyG thank you for your help in this thread.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here occurred just now, it keeps vibrating after I had a shower, and sometimes when I manage the screen to turn in it tells me that I have reached my goal 150 times and so on. I tried to restart it, but nothing happened. So what can be done about it now?

edit: I kept trying to restart it and finally after several tries, it worked and my device seems to be ok again and working. But I would still love to know what was up!

Best Answer

Hello,

Just wondering what's going on... I received an e-mail telling me that a replacement will be sent out to me asking me information to provide me with a prepaid shipping label. That was on March 31st.

I didn't receive any label neither by post nor by e-mail, I sent 2 e-mails to ask where things were and no answer whatsoever.

Can you tell me what's going on?

Thanks

Fr.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh no! This exact thing  just happened to me about an hour ago. I'm hoping my device isn't fries, I've only had it for 6 months and I love it. 

Best Answer

I am trying to find out what is going on because the same thing happened to my charge 3. I was in the middle of a chat with customer support and I hit the wrong button and got disconnected...now can't get back to it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was there a solution to this issue? I just had the exact thing happen. After a swim the battery drained quickly. It allowed me to recharge once but it died overnight and won't recharge. Instead the Fitbit gets scary hot!  I have it unplugged as it seems dangerously hot now. 

Best Answer
Contact the customer service. The only solution was to send me a new watch
- which I'll never swim with again- the exchange process took ages after
confusion, triple e-mailing and so on. But it got done... call them every
day if you see it doesn't move forward!
Best Answer
The solution for my problem was to get a replacement Fitbit charge three
the second one works fine I have been in the pool with it several times
with no problem
Best Answer

Thanks, I will do just that!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just went for my first swim with my Charge3. 

It went haywire, flickering & vibrating, and now I can't turn it on.

How can I get it replaced- it seems "waterproof" isn't really the case...

Best Answer

I chatted with an agent through their web site and they were quick to replace it when they heard what happened. It seems a common issue, which is concerning. I will say it wasn't easy and took about two weeks to get the replacement, but it eventually arrived. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a Charge 3 die after swimming a few months ago and Fitbit quickly sent out a replacement.  It happened again this morning.  In the pool, my Fitbit started to flash and vibrate erratically and then sent me an email that it needed to be charged.  I put it on the charger and it got dangerously hot.  None of the reset methods worked.  I just got off the phone with Customer Support and they want me to send the tracker and the cable back for replacement. I’m hoping my 3rd Charge 3 is better than the first two.  I suspect that there is a problem with the water resistance capability of the Charge 3 but since it is being advertised for swimming it is a promise they have to honor.  I had a Garmin tracker for years that was totally waterproof because it was a sealed unit.  You didn’t need to charge it, it ran on a watch battery.  Unfortunately, it didn’t have a heart rate monitor which was the reason I switched to Fit Bit. 

Best Answer

Same problem here.  I went swimming while on vacation and my charge 3 soon died.  After I returned home and recharged it began vibrating erratically and battery soon died.  I did the resets and now the heart rate monitor is whacky (way too high), wont track sleep and battery dies within a day.  I would give someone's left nut to have a fitbit product that will last more than two years.  This is my third fitbit product and probably my last.

Best Answer

Hello! I am reading through this thread and am having the same exact issue as everyone else. I went swimming (was not submerged deeper than four feet) and then the face starting blinking and watched started vibrating. When I charge it up, the watch turns back on but is very hot and has a red light on the back. The charge does not last more than 12 hours and it cannot sync to my FitBit app.

Could you help me get a replacement? Thanks!

Best Answer

@anna818 Thanks for joining us! 

Let me help you with your unresponsive Charge 3. As mentioned before our Support team should be able to help you in this matter. I noticed that you already have a ticket with them so keep the communication going with them to find a solution.

Keep me posted.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit replaced my Charge 3. I am very Surprised and happy with The way it was handled. I will not swim with this one

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I don’t have this Fitbit any longer I have replaced it with the versa two
Best Answer
0 Votes