Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 died after swimming

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

After a short swim, my Charge 3 first went crazy, turning on and off, vibrating erratically, then the screen turned blank and the battery was indicating 0%. I tried to charge it, nothing happened, blank screen  doesn't charge and gets very hot. Can you help? Thank you.

Best Answer
41 REPLIES 41

Ugh, same thing on mine today after being in the water and I got it around Christmas.  Have not even had it a year and disappointed that this is a longstanding problem since some of these posts are from 15 months ago.  Sad it is still happening and they have not found a fix for it.  I will have to call them and see if they can help since I have not even had it a year yet.  My last fitbit died and it was a pricier one.  Should have lasted me years since it cost so much but it lasted only a couple years and they would not help me since it was past a year.  I am seriously thinking about trying something other than a fitbit and seeing if another brand is any better.

Best Answer
0 Votes
If it is a charge 3 they will replace it. You will have to jump through a couple of hoops but it isn’t bad. When the Fitbit’s work they are great. I’ve had my share of problems with them

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This also happened to me. I got my fitbit in December 2019. I went swimming yesterday and it went crazy. I charged it and it worked for a bit but the screen was wonky and the side button stopped working. I've read so many forums on what to do. It will display the smiley face and then nothing. I've tried a bunch of rebooting options with no luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happened to me, and I just bought mine in December! After swimming last week, the display goes crazy and the battery keeps dying.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got my Fitbit for Christmas in 2018 and today was the first time I took it into a pool for swimming... it started buzzing like crazy in the water and wouldn’t stop once it was out of the water and superficially dried off. The screen then got stuck on the notifications on/off and screen wake on/off screen and wouldn’t charge, then would recognize the charge and sometimes sync and then finally it went black and stopped syncing and wouldn’t recognize the charger. I tried to do the reset and that did not work. It’s currently sitting in rice but I think it’s fried. Contacted support and only got a 25% coupon for a replacement since it’s outside of the 1 year warranty. Was considering asking for a versa 2 for my next birthday but might switch to Apple Watch 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 3 did the same thing, I wore it while swimming just for a little then it just starts glitching then it turns off. I tried to charge it and a white line appears like it was trying to reset and then the screen just went black again. I was wondering if you could please help me fix my problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes
You can try their recommendations but sadly your fitbit is probably toast. I tried everything with mine with no success. Wish I had better news.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem after swimming in a pool, died then vibrated constantly, eventually i reset it and it strated to work but the red light stays on and drains the battery within about an hour, can anyone give me contact details for customer service so i can talk to them about a solution Tks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here just happened 20mins ago ...on holiday went for swim now it doesn't work ...really annoyed as it doesn't register cycling either...almost like false advertisement really .....sad as I'm here on a fitness holiday for 2 weeks and really need it to register my training program 🤷‍:female_sign:🤦‍:female_sign:🤦‍:female_sign:

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. Went for a swim Christmas day and my fitbit screen went black the next day after getting lines through it. Now the battery drains quick and I can't restart the screen no matter how much i try. I've only had it 2 years and my previous fitbit was only 2 years as well but different problem. If it's having these problems after being in water then it shouldn't be advertised as swimproof. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Do not buy Fitbit there not waterproof
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbits good so long as you don't swim in it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
They were not interested in my claims and will never buy again
Apple for me
Best Answer
0 Votes
Totally agree......I contacted fitbit help team when I got home from Italy
and I have to say they was very good and with no hesitation sent me out a
new Fitbit.....but it should not be advertised as waterproof as this seems
to be a problem with many!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine was out of warranty
Had no problems with it until I went in the swimming pool.no reply nothing
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there, is the warranty for 1 year. If it is I'm well past that but it's
still false advertising 😔
Best Answer
0 Votes
Without a doubt nothing wrong with mine at all until a went in swimming pool.
Should have had a replacement please do not but they are not waterproof
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing just happened to me. At a resort pool, my charge 3 started vibrating constantly and then died. I plugged it in to charge it and it got very hot. It’s completely dead, won’t even turn on.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s toast. Hopefully under a year old.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. @Ksossin@Rickvan Nice to see you around. 

@Ksossin Thank you for the detailed information. If you haven't done so, I'd recommend contacting our Support Team for further assistance. Note that you can contact them through chat or over the phone. Click here to get connected. 

Also, please make sure to provide a brief explanation of the inconvenience and mention the troubleshooting steps you've followed, this way they can assist you from there. 

@Rickvan I also appreciate your comment. If you also need further assistance, please contact our Support Team through chat or over the phone.

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes