Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 difficulties to sync and with Live Data.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So many problems I am not sure where to begin.

1. the live data no longer works. I used to see my steps and distance in real time. after update no longer the case

2. syncing is intermittent at best. I have tried to turn off Bluetooth and turn back on, I have tried re-adding the charge 3 through the app. I have uninstalled app and reinstalled, I have rebooted phone.

3. I purchased this Charge 3 fitbit in July of this year. It's not even been a year. Please get it together or send me a working fitbit charge 3. You are welcome to send me a Charge 4, but I won't purchase it. I have lost faith in google. First I got a pixel and it broke within months of purchase, with what was apparently a known sound issue. In return you sent me a USED pixel. *rolls eyes*  Now I am having to deal with the exact same problem, meaning it's a known issue that you are choosing not to address.

Below comments are for Google specifically and not for anyone supporting this forum.

3. What's freaking remarkable is that I have a gosh darn GOOGLE phone and yet after update it's like the GOOGLE phone can't manage to see the GOOGLE program/app! I find that fascinating. Are you guys trying to push people onto the charge 4? I will buy a Garmin BEFORE I spend another cent on google products. I purchased this fitbit after several years on the flex, and had I known this fiasco would happen I could have bypassed all this and just bought a Garmin instead.

I can only speak for myself, I am frustrated with Google and their updates. This is not the first time I have had an issue and up until now I was able to trouble shoot the issues.

Can you go backwards on your update so the issue is gone? I see from the recent forums that many are having issues. Really this is getting ridiculous. The last time you did an update like this, many people left fitbit because they were offered a DISCOUNT on a new fitbit rather than a digital fix.  If you can't make a product that worked for years before you got the company how to think people would remain convinced that a) google knows what it is doing, and b) that it not your new business model to make certain devices obsolete because you aren't making as much money as you would like. I have beta tested software multiple times and in some ways I feel like a I am doing that for you for freaking free. I should charge GOOGLE to use it's product, especially when it doesn't work. And finally, are you trying to lose business? You are close to losing business from me.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community @PatStubbs.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced with your Fitbit Charge 3. Thank you for the information provided and for trying to resolve the issues before contacting us.

1. The Live Data feature is still available. Please make sure it is turned on in your Fitbit account at Fitbit.com > Settings > Devices > Live Data. If it is on, you can turn it off and back on to see if the issue gets resolved.

2. To resolve syncing issues, we recommend following these steps. Please make sure that your cellphone is part of the list of compatible devices. There are some users who are able to sync and receive notifications from non supported mobile devices, however in these cases we are not able to guarantee an optimal performance. The Live Data feature could be affected if there is no good connection between your phone and your Charge 3.

3. In order to get assistance regarding Google products, you can contact their customer support.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes