Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 display gone and constantly vibrating

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 3 stopped working 2 days ago. Display is blank and it vibrates by itself every few seconds until battery runs out. I tried to trouble shoot the issue, connected it to the charger and hold button for 8 seconds. Also tried to change the clock face but as it doesn't synch to the app anymore, this isn't possible. What can I do now? Thanks.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
25 REPLIES 25

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Emade.

I am sorry to hear your Charge 3 stopped working. Thanks for trying to resolve this, I appreciate the additional details and I am here to help. I recommend trying the following:

1. Confirm if your device's firmware is updated: How do I update my Fitbit device?

2. If the issue persists, perform a long restart:

• Connect the device to the charging cable.
  • While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds.
  • The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration
  • The device turns off.
  • The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur.
  • Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  • Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

1)I can't update the firmware because the tracker won't connect to the app (app cannot locate the tracker, both devices are right beside each other)

2) I tried to press and hold the button on the tracker while it was charging and the screen remained blank. It vibrated constantly for a few seconds and then vibrated by itself intermittently until the battery went dead.

So, I'm afraid, this didn't work for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply, @Emade.

I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. Since the issue persists, I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have the difficulties of @Emade concerning the constant vibration but my fitbit won't hold charge as well.  Unfortunately, I have to spend more time charging the device than wearing the device.  In addition, I have several black lines across the screen of the fitbit charger.  I have tried all restarts suggested by this forum but to no avail. Please advise.  Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @hgreenmole.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing the details of the issue with your device. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. I went ahead and created a case for you, someone from our Support team will reach out soon. Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello!

I'm also having this issue. Have tried the troubleshooting mentioned above, as well as trying to change the clock face & update. Could I possibly have this escalated? The charge 3 is at 90% battery. 

Thanks so much for your help!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Rrhodes593.

I am sorry to hear you're experiencing the same issue. Thank you for your efforts to resolve this. I've shared your case with our Support team, they will continue assisting you on this matter. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. Battery at 95%, black face and won't perform long restart. Any time I touch the button the unit vibrates for several seconds.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Fyrekatt.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your device. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and would like to confirm if you've tried these steps:

1. Restart the device: How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  2. Change a clock face: How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine also started doing this a few days ago.  Tried resetting it, but can't, same as everyone else here.  Can't get it to do anything except charge sometimes, when its not vibrating itself to sleep!  Really annoyed now, 2 days been unable to use it at all.  Is this something to do with an update failure?  I just dont get why suddenly gone crazy.  Had a charge 2 for years no problem, this has only been used a few months by me and not that long by previous owner.  It is completely unresponsive.  It seems like the button has maybe stopped working, or stuck, or I don't know what the issue could be.  No knocks or showers.  It just suddenly happened.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is my second one. And this unit is the warranty replacement for one
that just went black and refused to reset. This time, however, it isn't
even syncing with my app and the battery remains at 90%.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I have. All it's doing is vibrating when I touch the button. It will
not restart.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @chazh. Thank you for your reply, @Fyrekatt.

@Fyrekatt I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. Since the issue persists, I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon.

@chazh I am sorry to hear about the frustration this situation has caused. Thank you for your efforts and the additional details. I recommend following the troubleshooting instructions at Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

Keep me posted on the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I'm having the same issue with my fitbit. It constantly vibrates and the battery only lasts a couple days, it rarely syncs and now has lines across the screen.

It seems broken, please can I have some support? I've restarted it several times and it has only gotten worse.

Thank you in advance

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried all the suggestions I can find.  I've updated it.  Will only continue whilst on charge.  Once off charge it starts to get a mind of its own again.  Screen is currently just switching on and off by itself.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is having the same issues - it was working fine until January 1, 2021 after midnight. Today, nothing...no screen, random buzzing, won't charge, won't sync, won't connect to bluetooth, dead. Is there a possibility it was programmed to stop working as of January 1st? It just all of a sudden stopped working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, wait until your device completely discharges and try to connect again. Mine gave this problem and I managed to solve it.
If you get the black screen try changing the clock after startup and restart to see if it resolves.

Now on : Fitbit Blaze | Old Devices: Charge 2, Charge 3 ( dead )
Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried both of those already.  It stayed working long enough to do the update and try changing clock etc.  After I took it off the charger it just started again and gradually went downhill again.  It's probably buzzed itself to sleep again by now sigh 😢

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 3 also seems to have started misbehaving from 1st January 2021. The screen is permanently blank. It vibrates and seems to track heart rate and sleep, just with no screen. 

I wonder if there is a link with something happening on 1st January?!?

Best Answer
0 Votes