Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 display has frozen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My screen is 'hung' on "Screen Wake" and "Notifications."  I cannot  seem to swipe the screen fact to any other screen, not time, or steps or anything.  Any tips?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
123 REPLIES 123

Try this as an alternate to unlock your screen without the cable. I went into the app on my phone and changed the clock face. When my phone sent the new clock face setting, my screen unlocked.

Best Answer

My screen is frozen on the clocka and when I tap on it it on displays my heart rate and the clock. Those two things are still moving but I can't swipe to access any other apps or see notifications. I tried restarting it but it didn't work.

Best Answer
I had the same problem. Tried several times to restart it from usb but it wouldn't restart. I decided to try one last time before calling customer service. It restarted and has been working properly. Freezing seems to be a problem with the charge 3
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @katmomi@YuFit, and @Debruce104! I'm glad to hear that you guys are back on track now. Thanks for sharing the outcome! Robot Very Happy

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @AbiTG19! Since the restart did not work, can you please try changing the clock face to a different one? The steps can be found at: How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?

Let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
restart did not work because it wouldn't restart even though it was plugged into computer! When it finally restarted it worked
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, what do i do if my fotbit doesnt restart? I plug it into a charger and i hold the button for 8 sec and nothing happens. It vibrates twice at the start and then the screen just goes of after 8 sec. When i press button again the screen is still frozen on the watch screen. Next steps?

Best Answer
Hmmmm. Keep trying. It needs to reset. Obviously a glitch in the product. Mine has frozen twice. Each time within hours after getting wet. Good luck. Or try putting it on charger for extended time and see what happens.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Same thing kept happening to me. Would like to know the answer.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Tnx guys. I realized that regardless the fact that it doesnt react to any touch or bjttons if I syn ot it still works since it synced my sleep. Then i just changed clock face in the app to get it react to something and this worked, now i retuned my clock face and the device is not frozen any longer 😛 Silly but it worked xD

Best Answer
0 Votes
Now my Fitbit will not track excercize It days I was in water aerobics but burned no calories and no minutes. I’m about ready to throw this thing away

Sent from G.J's iPhone 🐠
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @_sOFijA_! I'm glad to hear that your Charge 3 is no frozen any longer after changing the clock face. Smiley Very Happy

Hi @katmomi and @YuFit! Sorry to hear this is still happening to you sometimes. If the restart doesn't work, but you can see that your tracker is syncing I suggest changing the clock face to a different one by following the steps at: How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?

Thanks for getting back @lemndrpkid! If your Charge 3 no tracking exercises at all? If so, I'd recommend performing a restart once again by following these steps. You can test your tracker with another workout to see if it records your data.

I'll be around, keep me posted! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Mine is also frozen on the screen wake/notifications, tried the reset workaround 3 times, reached the happy face each time but again, kept frozen on the same screen. Don't know what else to do

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @Gisceldi! Thanks for trying the recommendation provided. If the restart doesn't work, but you can see that your tracker is syncing I suggest changing the clock face to a different one by following the steps at: How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?

Give this a go and let me know the outcome! 

Best Answer

Hi, I am having a similar issue where my charge 3 seems to be frozen on the same screen and will occasionally respond to using the button to back out of a message but the reaction is very delayed (about a minute or two). I tried connecting my tracker to the charger and restarting but the happy face never appeared and the battery charging screen has not shown up either. Help please? It has absolutely no response to swiping across the screen and rarely to tapping. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey,

I experienced the same issue  with my charge 3. I didnt have my charger with me so instead I updated the clock face on my mobile app which forced my fitbit to sync with me phone. It sorted the issue and the screen is now back working. Hope this helps for others! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer

I tried changing the clock face already and while it successfully changed, my screen is still frozen.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @maddihere! I'm so glad to hear that after following @Duff_er's advice your Charge 3 is back in business. Robot Very Happy

Don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we may do to assist! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit 

My Charge 3 is still frozen and I have tried both changing the clock face and resetting my Fitbit but to no avail. My screen is still frozen and has been for 5 days now. Help please

Best Answer
0 Votes
You can try to fix it by updating the clock face on the mobile app which
forces the fitbit to sync with the phone. Hope it helps!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried that several times already and it did not work. Any other advice?

Best Answer
0 Votes