Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 display has frozen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My screen is 'hung' on "Screen Wake" and "Notifications."  I cannot  seem to swipe the screen fact to any other screen, not time, or steps or anything.  Any tips?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
123 REPLIES 123

Hi @maddihere! Thanks so much for following the tips and recommendations provided here. I've created a Support Case on your behalf - you should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know. Robot Very Happy

Thanks for your help my friend @Gisceldi

Have a nice day!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine just froze too and I followed these steps and it worked. 

Another problem I have often is that it won't sync. I have a S9 +

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there! Mine is stuck on a missed call notify and I’ve tried the reset/restart button three times now with no luck. Please help! I’ve missed having my tracker for a day and a half now!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Smiley Very Happy

I'm glad to hear that the steps provided here helped you to bring the display back @KyraKute. If you're having syncing difficulties, I suggest to follow the troubleshooting steps in the article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Thanks for restarting your Charge 3 in order to solve the issue with the screen @KathieZLJ77! If your Charge 3 is still syncing or vibrating, please change the clock face to a different one. Let's see if this does the trick!

Keep me posted guys! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem. I just got the charge 3 back in October when it was release and it wasn't working properly so they had to send me another one, now I'm having this problem. I gave fitbit another shot after using the original charge, that gave me constant issues, and had multiple replacements. Im convinced after buying the charge 3 that fitbit does not make a quality product. So frustrating because it was expensive to buy. If I could take it back and get my money back, I would do so but that isn't an option now because I bought it from best buy and had it replaced by fitbit so I guess I'm screwed out of this one. Hopefully it will start working properly. Very frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting. I bought mine from Amazon and also had to replace it.

Edit: Interesting. I bought mine from Amazon. 

As soon as I installed the app I got an email saying that I had to have it replaced. Fitbit sent me the replacement 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much. My charger was frozen on the time display and wouldn't charge. Did what Trish22 recommended and it worked. So awesome! Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has froze on Time. Went through instructions for unlocking and it didn’t work. Any other suggestions 

Edit: Tried it again and it worked

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @onlysarah@Sister2, and @KyraKute! I'm glad to hear that the steps providing in this thread helped. Woman Very Happy

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @StuGraham! Thank you for the thorough feedback for the Fitbit devices. This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along.

Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. If you need further assistance, please feel free to reply back to your support case. 

Catch you later! 

Best Answer

Thank you - had the same problem and this worked a treat.  Many thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

It worked. Thank you! 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Shacru  and @Pinkfootpat! I'm glad to hear that the steps provided above worked for you both. Smiley Very Happy

Ping me out if you need further assistance. I'll be around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
👍👍👍

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue with my fitbit. It has frozen. I am not able to slide to move different window. I tried the steps mentioned. Even though when I connect the charge 3 to charging cable it is not showing charging symbol. Still in frozen state. Please help me to resolve this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit is stuck on the home screen. I have tried to restart it, but when I plug it in I do not get the charging percentage nor am I able to get the smiley face to shut off. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine freezes but the fixes work most of the time. Lately, it stops counting steps sometimes especially when I’m close to 10,000 steps. My husband shook it the other day and it worked again. He had to do it again yesterday. My question is why these problems continue. It is frustrating. We should have to have fixes for products that are new. Mine is 4 months old.
On the other hand I’m thrilled with my increased fitness and weight loss that my Fitbit has facilitated.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums, and thank you for all the information provided @raja2705 , I've sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance, but I was informed that you already got in touch with them. I hope everything goes well. 

@alyssabattaglia,  I've sent your information to Customer Support, and you should be getting a reply soon. Thank you for confirming that you already tried the restart procedure as well. 

@SMM37, it seems that you had already contacted Support and they sent you a reply with some information, could you please confirm if you received it? Or if it's went to your spam folder? 

Keep me posted.  

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you soooooo much! @MarreFitbit

you really helped me!

😉

great advice!!!👍👍👍:watch:️

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're very welcome @Rockstar2009. I'm glad to hear the steps worked for you. Thanks for letting us know the outcome. 

I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

FIXING A HUNG SCREEN

Whenever my fitbit freezes and l am unable to move onto other screens on my watch, l go onto my app on my smartphone and change the interface of my watch. Once l do that,  the new interface on the watch unfreezes. 

THAT'S WHAT WORKS FOR ME. 

Best Answer