Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 display has frozen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My screen is 'hung' on "Screen Wake" and "Notifications."  I cannot  seem to swipe the screen fact to any other screen, not time, or steps or anything.  Any tips?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
123 REPLIES 123

How do you restart the fitbit watch? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @SunsetRunner! I'm also glad to hear that changing the clock face brought the display back. Thanks for sharing what worked for you! 

In order to restart your Charge 3, follow these steps:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. 
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance, I'm always around! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

As of last night my display is experiencing the same issue - display is frozen on the clock screen and no touch inputs have any effect. I tried the restart steps and nothing happens. When I connect the device to a charger it doesn't show the battery icon and when I hold the left button for 8+ seconds it vibrates and goes blank but then when I release it just shows the same screen and is still frozen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @Pittjman, it's nice to see a new member around! Thanks for taking the time to restart your Charge 3 in order to fix the issue with the screen. Nice way to go!

Since your device is still vibrating when you connect it to the charger, please change the clock face to a different one. Let's see if this does the trick! 😉

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have these same symptoms, but no amount of pressing on the button for eight seconds  or even longer has any effect. The screen just goes dark. It is frozen with time displayed and heart rate updating sluggishly, but no blinking heart, no swipe action response, nor any other signs of activity. What’s going on?  it also is also perpetually showing low battery indicator, even though I have had it on the charger now for some time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Go onto your fitbit app and change the watch interface. That's what l do
when my watch freezes.

Patrick
Best Answer
0 Votes

Try going onto the fitbit app and go to the area that allows you to change the watch interface.  Change the watch interface.  It should unfreeze the watch.  That's what l do . 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Wonderful! It worked. =]
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @jakdawgus! I'm glad to hear that the steps provided by @SunsetRunner did help. 😉

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This reset process is not working at all, after several attempts to carefully follow instructions!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not sure if your symptoms are all the same, but no reset options were working for my frozen screen, and then I tried Patrick’s advice, and it worked!! He said:

Try going onto the fitbit app and go to the area that allows you to change the watch interface.  Change the watch interface.  It should unfreeze the watch.  That's what l do.

Best Answer

So what are you supposed to do when you're at work and you don't have your charger with you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try going onto the fitbit app and go to the area that allows you to change the watch interface.  Change the watch interface.  It should unfreeze the watch.  That's what l do.”

Best Answer

Welcome on board @Q.Hansen! Thanks for taking the time to restart your Charge 3. Since the restart did not work, I'd recommend following @jakdawgus and @SunsetRunner's suggestion. Try changing the clock face by following the steps at: How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device? 

Welcome on board @Vernicurn! If you're at work and you did not bring the charger with you, as long as your Charge 3 is syncing you can definitely change the clock face on your device.

Give this a go and let us know the outcome. We'll be around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Charger 3 display has frozen. I’ve tried to restart it by plug it in and press the button for 8 seconds. Now it is completely dark and does not respond at all. I need your help!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I assume you have tried the side button multiple times, and it will not wake
Fitbit up.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I recieved a fitbit charge 3 a month ago fir my birthday. For the last couple days, my charge 3 is stuck on the notification screen and I am unable to restart, charge (it doesn't show battery charging). I've read several solutions and tried all of them, but nothing is working.. Very frustrating..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @LvLParis and @CLBoggs! I'm sorry to hear your Charge 3 display is still frozen after the suggestions you've tried. 

I went ahead and created a case for you with our Support Team. Someone will reach out to you soon to offer their assistance. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this account.

Hey there @Q.Hansen, thanks for coming back and for helping out. I was wondering if your Charge 3 is back on track after changing the clock face?

I'm looking forward to your response. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have exactly same problem. Screen frozen. Tried restart and smiley face comes on but nothing more. have restarted 3 times. This needs fixing please  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @Bensington! Thanks for much for taking the time to restart your Charge 3 and for changing the clock face to fix the issue with the screen. 

I was about to create a support case on your behalf, but I've seen you contacted our Support Team after posting here and that they have helped you with this. I'm sure that from now on, everything should be working correctly.

Please let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist you in the meantime. 

Best Answer
0 Votes