Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 display has frozen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My screen is 'hung' on "Screen Wake" and "Notifications."  I cannot  seem to swipe the screen fact to any other screen, not time, or steps or anything.  Any tips?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
123 REPLIES 123

It’s not working at all and they have to send me a new one
Hope that happens
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great news @Bensington! I'm glad to hear that our Support Team has sent you a new Charge 3. 

I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted.

I hope you have a great day! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I’m new to this what is the restart and how to do it ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @Suebarnes, it's nice to see you around here! If you experience any of the following issues, then here is when we recommend to restart your device:

• Won't sync
  • Won't respond to button presses, taps, or swipes
  • Charged but doesn't turn on
  • Won't track your steps or other stats

Restarting your device turns it off and on without deleting any activity data.

If you the display of your Charge 3 is not working, try doing the following steps:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. 
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

I'll be around if there's anything else I may do to assist you with. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

my fitbit charge 3 has frozen have tried to use charge and reset but can only feel vibrate - battery charge icon not appearing on the watch

Best Answer
0 Votes

Trish this has not worked today - any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you very much. This was truly helpful.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just received my charge 3 about  2 hours ago (very first Fitbit!) as soon as I move away from the clock screen and choose another screen (eg alarms) I then can’t get away from that screen. I have reset the device and the same thing has happened. Any suggestions? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks Claire 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Changing clock face did not work. Face still black. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

i'm having the same issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

mine will not show the charge screen.  it vibrates but no screen change

Best Answer
0 Votes

I fixed mine by changing the watch face. This is much simpler than attaching the charger. I suggest you offer this as the first option.

Best Answer
0 Votes

help response solved problem

Best Answer
0 Votes
Changing the clock face usually works

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked! My fitbit only gave steps and time. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, I do have a different Fitbit which was frozen. I tried restarting my phone and it freed the fit bit up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got a Fitbit Charge 3 for Christmas and the screen has already locked three times. I've read through this thread and have restarted it each time and each time it fixed the Fitbit for an hour or so. 

Fortunately, my husband got it at Costco, because this one obviously is infected with a bug of some kind, so tomorrow, I'll take it back and get another. If that one works, I'm good to go. If not, I'll take it back and if that one works, I'll be good to go.

But the third time will be the breaker for me. A whole heck of a lot of people seem to be having this problem and it's making me think the Charge 3 just might be a dud.

So I'm wondering, will anybody at Fitbit admit this is a buggy device and let everyone suffering with this bug know if they're going to fix it with a Fitbit update anytime soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure if this will work but hold the button on the side in for 3 seconds and you should see something that says screen awake. It is lit up which means it woke up. If it is dark ( asleep) tap to have it awake. Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 3 won't charge. I tried another charger, but no response. L

Please help? 

Best Answer

I got this info from the community.  It's worked for me several times (yes, it's happened more than once, so save the info).

FITBIT – CHARGE 3, FROZEN

Sorry to hear that the display on your Charge 3 has frozen. In order to sort this out, I'd recommend restarting your tracker by following these steps:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. 
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

My Note: It might take a couple of try's.  Good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes