Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 display is fading

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge3 screen is no longer Black with white text, appears to be fading.

anyone have these issues.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
41 REPLIES 41

What steps did you try? I have restarted mine a number of times, changed the clock face and the brightness levels numerous times, no luck ☹️

Best Answer

Hello everyone. @Disappointed21 Welcome to the community forums. 

@sschepis I'm glad to hear that your Charge 3 Screen is working again. @Disappointed21 I'm sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for the troubleshooting steps you've tried. Since the inconvenience persists after the restart, please try to perform a long restart. A long restart is different than the basic restart and you can complete the process by following the instructions below: 

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

If that doesn't work, my best recommendation is that you please reach out to our Support Team for further assistance. You can contact them through chat or over the phone and you can click here to get connected. Also, make sure to explain the inconvenience and mention the troubleshooting steps you've followed, this way they can assist you from there. 

On a side note, this thread is now closed. If you have a different inquiry, find a similar thread or post it in a new thread.

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer