Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 display is very dim

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 3 display is so dim that I can’t read anything unless I’m in a dark room. I can’t see anything on the display while outside in the sunlight. I’ve tried the normal setting and the auto setting. And today my display is going completely blank. I reset it and changed the clock face. The display came back temporarily for 10 minutes then went blank again. 

Best Answer
177 REPLIES 177

Hi @LHall66 As restarting hasnt fixed the issue, I will flag your post for a moderators attention.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @LHall66! Thanks for restarting your Charge 3 and for making sure the setting were set correctly. So, I went ahead and created a case for you with our Support team. Someone will reach out to you soon to offer their assistance. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this account.

Thanks so much for your help and for flagging the post @NellyG!

Ping me out if you need further help!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

My charge 3 is the same way. Was bright when I purchased it but in the last week or so it has gone dim. I tried changing the settings but it doesn’t change the brightness. 

Best Answer

Hi there!

Having the same issue with my Charge 3 - can't see anything on the screen, even when I set it to "Normal brightness". 

Would it be able to assist me on how to fix it?

Thanks!

Best Answer
I called Fitbit and they replaced the unit. They did tell me to reset it, which I had already down but did it again to please them. I had to send a picture . A had a new charge 3 in the mail in 6 days It was done all in one call and it was a very pleasant experience. The Fitbit was only 4 months old so it was all covered under warranty.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
After multiple attempts by tech support to fix the problem they finally decided to send me a new one because it was still under warranty.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit was very good in getting mine replaced. It was under warranty.  I hope yours is too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem.  Just started a day ago.  I have reset the device and it has a full charge.  Any suggestions?

Best Answer
Tech support had me go through all of the resets and changing my clock face but nothing worked and my display stayed dim. They said that my Fitbit Charge 3 was still under warranty so they sent me a new one that works well and I can see the display even outside in the sunlight. But today after doing yard work my Fitbit display wouldn’t work at all even if I pressed the side button. I opened the app and changed the clock face to a different one and that reset the display and it came back on again. That’s the first time I’ve had an issue with the replacement Charge 3.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Call Fitbit. Ensure you reset the device and it’s charged. If it’s under warranty they should send you a placement like they did for me.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hello,

I am also having this same issue, I can only see the display in a very dark room.

My fitbit Charge 3, is less than a year old, I received it in October 2018.  I have tried resetting it, changing the clock face etc.  

Please let me know what i need to do!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Call Fitbit. As I mentioned, mine was replaced on warranty. It was a very good experience getting it replaced

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
My display started going dim 3 months after I purchased it. After tech support tried everything they could they sent me a new one because it was still under warranty. The new one has been working great.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

My charge 3 is doing this too. Just in the past week it has gone dim and I can barely see it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 3 is doing this too. Just in the past week it has gone dim and I can barely see it.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Contact Fitbit,  they will do some trouble shooting and if that doesnt work they will most likely send you a new oneSent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 3 display was not turning on after a couple of months of usage, I called Fitbit support and they sent me a replacement. Now after a few more months, still within the warranty period, I am facing the exact problem that you are - Display so dim I can't even read it indoors unless I wrap by hand around it to make a hole to look through it. Contacted Fitbit two weeks ago, and they said it is a known issue affecting a small number of customers and they cannot replace the device as it is a software problem, and that their engineers are working on a fix, but no ETA. They asked me to keep my software/firmware up to date and check after a couple of days, which I did. Called them again after 3 days, and they gave the same answer to just wait for another week and hope that the problem is resolved. I called them after a week and they gave me the same answer, and no estimated date for resolution. I am very disappointed with Fitbit. 

Best Answer
I’m sorry to hear that. The display on the replacement Charge 3 that they sent me has been working well from the day I received it. But 2 months ago the notification buzz quit working. I haven’t reach out to tech support yet but have updated the software and it still doesn’t buzz to notify me.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Mine is doing the same thing since the last update.  Mines over a year so I guess I’m out of luck.   I like the app but the product is not well engineered or durable.  I’m done with Fitbit I think.  

Best Answer