Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 display is very dim

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 3 display is so dim that I can’t read anything unless I’m in a dark room. I can’t see anything on the display while outside in the sunlight. I’ve tried the normal setting and the auto setting. And today my display is going completely blank. I reset it and changed the clock face. The display came back temporarily for 10 minutes then went blank again. 

Best Answer
177 REPLIES 177
Snap . My next monitor definitely won’t be. FitBit
Best Answer
Neither will mine My husbands charge 2 has just done the same thing ! Infuriating

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I asked my daughter for help and she discovered that I had somehow set it to dim myself.   It is now working fine

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have also noticed that my display is very dim. I can't read it outside and lately I have trouble reading it inside too. I have reset it, changed the settings back and forth between normal and auto but no change. It is worthless unless I have my phone with me. I have to wait for it to sync though. I basically cannot use it as a watch anymore. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I share your pain . Annoying glitch when one is trying to check during exercise
Best Answer
0 Votes

same issue and it no longer records my sleep patterns

Best Answer
0 Votes

It got so bad that I couldn't see anything anymore. I had to buy a new one. Everything else on it worked fine though. What good is it if you can't see it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem my screen is so dim that Ona bright day you cannot read it. If I go into my setting on Fitbit it says normal. I have tried to change it but no joy, I have also changed the clock face but it is still the same.      Any idea how to get the brightness back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yah. I gave up and took the 50% discount towards a versa. Versa is working
great.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sad to say that I had to ditch the Charge 3. It eventually would no longer maintain a charge, and failed to reboot. Mine was past warranty and I went with the Charge 4 with no problems. I also bought the insurance. My wife has a Charge 2 and never had this issue. Fitbit support seems to never respond to these. Suggest you contact them directly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit products have problems. I do not know good alternative to unreliable
FITBIT PRODUCTS.
Best Answer
0 Votes
If a reliable alternative is available I shall go for it. Fitbit products
have very poor view. Gradually display becomes poorer till you can’t read.
POOR PRODUCTS.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 3 has been doing this for months and at first I thought it was just me, but then every now and again it would come back bright !! I have reset but it just went back to Dim. I made sure the setting was in normal but it’s still very fun and I have to use my phone to see the time..... How can I get this fixed please ...😩

Best Answer
0 Votes
There does not seem to be a fix for it, from the Fitbit support staff. They recommend replacement.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

**ahem** I wish I had. checked out these posts earlier. I just received my charge 3 same issue plus it doesn’t track all of my steps 😡

Best Answer
0 Votes

If new, it is still under warranty call support and apply credit to a Charge 4 which apparently has it fixed. After the dimming issue, it went further downhill. I charged mine to now get just a smiley face. It would not reboot via their process and the battery failed to hold a charge.

Regards

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thx for the tip
Best Answer
0 Votes

Having same issue with brightness, have tried all the usual steps and still very dim

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Fitbit has given up all together Doesn’t hold it’s charge and a blank screen.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue and I was going to reset it.  I took the band off and it was filthy at the band so I cleaned it up and it is bright again without the reset.  Maybe it will work for you too

Best Answer
0 Votes