Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 display screen not showing anything

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Did you ever get a fix? Mine has also gone blank and showing nothing, yet still syncs with the app

Moderator edit:  updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the  Fitbit Community, @AnneMaple. I'm sorry to hear that your Charge 3 display isn't showing anything and that it still syncs with the app.

Could you please confirm that you have restarted your tracker:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display.
  4. Press and hold the button to restart your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.

Catch you later. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

Welcome to the  Fitbit Community, @AnneMaple. I'm sorry to hear that your Charge 3 display isn't showing anything and that it still syncs with the app.

Could you please confirm that you have restarted your tracker:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display.
  4. Press and hold the button to restart your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.

Catch you later. 

Best Answer

mine is doing similar thing: sync is difficult-have to try multiple times and the screen is very faint even when char wged at 100%. I have done the restart advice twice-  Is there a way to set the screen so it shows brighter ?   

Best Answer

I have the same problem.   Screen is black.  Called for support, but they could not help and told me to purchase yet another Fitbit.  I thought it might be a brightness issue, because in the beginning I could make it out if room was dark.  Just got worse over time.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us and for letting us know that you have done the restart advise twice @ljk1967. You can check on the settings that it´s not dim or in Sleep or not disturb mode.

Welcome to our community, @jodip60. I´m sorry to hear about your experience.

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer

My screen has gone as well and I have done all of this and still nothing. Not the first time I have had a problem with a Fitbit. But I have only had this one since the end of March 2021. You would expect it to last a lot longer. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us and for letting us know that you have done all the advised troubleshooting steps @LindsayNN

I understand how frustrating this could be and noticed that you already got in touch with our Support Team and received assistance. 

Have a nice day. 

Best Answer

For Charge 3—press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.

Regards

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the advice but… I’ve already done that. The screen shows now but is very dim. I keep on having to reset it to normal brightness. After awhile(time varies) it automatically reverts to dim. Kind of a pain. Still having to turn my phone off to get it to sync with other apps.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us and for letting me know what happens to your Charge 3 after you restart it @ljk1967.

Have you tried the long restart:

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again. 
Best Answer

Mine is doing exactly the same. Screen is black but still syncs with app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have followed all the steps, can see very very faint numbers but not clear enough to see menu to up brightness. Please help

Best Answer

Tried the restart procedures, still cannot see the screen

Best Answer
0 Votes
On your watch, swipe to settings. Then scroll to brightness. There are 2options: regular and dim. Hope this helps. Currently mine keeps on automatically reverting to dim. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have the same issue.  Multiple hard restarts and still no screen.  It isn’t possible to adjust the brightness in settings on the Fitbit because you can’t see the display.  

Curious that most of these posts are within the past few weeks.  Please provide an effective answer to the software problem   

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue but can’t see the screen and re set doesn’t seem to be working

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thank you for letting us know that you have tried restarting your trackers in order to bright the display. 

Please confirm that you have tried the long and short restart that appear on my previous posts and try changing your tracker´s clock face. Follow the instructions of: How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?

Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
I redid the clock face.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks  for getting back to us and for letting us know that you redid clock face without success @ljk1967.

I understand how frustrating this could be and I went ahead and created a case on your behalf and a customer support representative will contact you soon.

Have a nice day. 

Best Answer

I followed the instructions listed above. Still no screen display. Frustrated.

Best Answer
0 Votes