Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 display won't turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi my new charge 3 is blank and when I charge it and try to restart it using the side button it just vibrates with a blank screen.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi guys, I hope you are doing fine.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix the turn on issue you all are experiencing. It's great to know that for some of you this issue has been resolved.

For the ones that keep experiencing this, I recommend restarting your units. If this doesn't work, perform a long restart:

• Plug the device into the charging cable.
  • While the device is plugged into the charging cable, hold the button down for 15 seconds.
  • Remove your finger from button. Note: Device won't have a smiley face icon and should be off with a black screen.
  • Remove the device from the charging cable.
  • Plug the device into the charging cable again.
  • The smiley face icon appears on the screen.

You can also try the instructions provided by our friends about changing your clock faces. To change the clock face follow the steps in the help article How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?.

Let me know the outcome. Man Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
948 REPLIES 948

@MFH7575 Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Charge 3 is not responsive even though you have restarted it. I would like to follow up and would like to know if the issue persists or if your tracker got back to life. In the meantime, let me know for how long did you let your tracker getting charged.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

I have the exact same problem. My Charge 3 was working perfectly one minute then I look down and it was a blank screen. It was at 96% charge last time I checked on it which was half an hour before it turned off. I went to plug it in and nothing happened, it didn't vibrate, the screen just stayed black. I thought maybe the battery died so I kept it plugged in for 2 hours, nothing happened, it just got really warm. I tried to press the button on the side in hopes to restart it, but again nothing happens, just a black screen. I don't know what to do. Should I keep it on the charger and wait to see if It'll turn on? Should I just send it back for a new one? Am I just wasting my time on this product? 

Best Answer

@Knightmare Thank you for joining us in this thread! Thank you also for troubleshooting this issue by restarting your tracker before contacting our Fitbit forums. Since your Charge 3 is still unresponsive and got hot when you plugged in the charger, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can review it and provide a solution.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

Same here. Blank screen. Just vibrates when holding down the button. I've only had this thing three days??

Best Answer
Hi
If you leave it off your wrist and off charge overnight then try recharging it in the morning. Should do the trick see how you get on.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve only had mine for a week and the screen is just black. It won’t turn on or reset either. This is so frustrating.

a few days ago, I had to reset because it wouldn’t sync to my phone:(

Best Answer

This just happened to my Charge 3.  Received an email notification, touched the screen---it went black and now nothing.

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue -- new Fitbit Charge 3 purchased just a week ago is completely unresponsive. Black screen, button not working, no vibration, totally dead when connected to charge. Had 80%+ charge and was working fine and then just nothing.

Best Answer

I have the same problem, I purchased the charge 3 today and the screen is dead and I can not sync with an iPhone. I wish I had read this forum before I purchase this thing. I guess this thing is going back. 

Best Answer

My new charge does not turn on even when plugged in.  Tried different power condition and used pen to press indent on the side of the charge

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same blank screen & no syncs issue here.

Best Answer

I called FitBit for help and they were not able to help me bringing the device back to life.  They told me to contact eBay.  I only had the device for about 5 hours.  This is a wrap for me, I lost $149 but FitBit lost a customer for life. I will be sharing this experience with everyone everywhere. 

Best Answer

An update to my previous post: Although I could not reset or re-sync since it was completely non-responsive, I (optimistically) left it charging for an hour although wasn't really expecting anything to happen. However, it did come back on and is now fully working. I had called customer service and was able to verify that the battery was at 80% this morning before the device crashed so wasn't a battery issue. Not sure what the problem was but will continue to use it and post again if I have additional issues.

Best Answer

I had an update available this morning but my FitBit would not sync so I had to restart it. The update did work after that. However my Fitbit now doesn’t work. I have a blank screen that won’t turn on. I’ve tried charging it and restarting but nothing. What’s going on here Fitbit this sucker is brand spanking new and I’m already having major issues :(. I switched back from Apple to you guys for sleep tracking but now I’m thinking of returning this thing and going back to Apple if I can’t get it working. Help! 

Ash 

Best Answer

Update: I was able to hook up to the charger. (Even the battery was not dead) while on the charger, held the button on the side for 8 to 10 seconds. The screen came on when a "happy face" . Then disconnected the charger. Fitbit has worked fine since.  Sofar so good. 

Best Answer
I ended up pressing the button for 8 seconds to reset. And now it’s working. But, this shouldn’t keep happening...

Amy Enrile
Stylist
(949) 231-2223
enrileamy@yahoo.com
www.stelladot.com/amyenrile
SHOP NOW HOST A TRUNK SHOW BECOME A STYLIST
CONNECT WITH ME:
Best Answer

I also had this problem today. In the middle of tracking a walk I look down to see a black screen and pressing the side button only gets vibrations. When I got home, I plugged it into the charger and held the side button (still vibrating) until the happy face restart screen came up. It's working again now.

This is the second time I have had to do a restart on the fitbit charge 3 since I've had it due to different issues. 

Best Answer

You may want to check if your charger pin is making good contact with the device.

Best Answer

I purchased my FitBit Charge today and the same thing is happening. I hit the button when it is on the charger and get the smiley face. I remove it from the charger and it goes blank. I hold the button on the side, but it too does no vibrate nor will the screen come back on. I mean it is brand new and already having issues? This is very frustrating. 

Best Answer