Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 distance inaccurate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had a charge 3 for a couple years. ( just got a new one a few months ago.)  The distances of my walks have been pretty consistent, so i know the distances of my most used routes.  The past few days, i have had a problem with distances being off. For example 1.88 miles is showing 2.38 miles;  0.65 miles is showing 0.81 mile.  I have contacted fitbit twice and have done everything that has been recommended, including adding my device like it is a new device, restarting device and reconnecting to phone, along with several other things.  It is still showing inaccurate distances.  It is driving me crazy!  Any suggestions?

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

The same comment - It is driving me crazy!!! 

Pretty much I have the same problem.

Years, the working distance from my office to my home was 7.2 km always.

Over last month it's started dancing from 7.6 to 8.2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Wifemomnurse and @SergL. Thank you for sharing your distance inquiry and for letting us know that you already contacted our Support Team @Wifemomnurse.

When your Fitbit device doesn´t track your distance correctly you can adjust the stride length. To learn how your stride length is calculated, please see our help article How does my Fitbit device calculate my daily activity?

I hope this information helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Wifemomnurse , @SergL ,

Your inaccurate distances appear when using GPS or without?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us and for sharing your question @SunsetRunner.

That's a good observation I forgot to ask. I you do, you can check: How do I use GPS on my Fitbit device?

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes