Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 distance information inaccurate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, just about a month ago distance measure by connected GPS while biking started to behave strangly. I have number of routes and in a span of a week on exactly the same route i have either 16km or .. 4,5km. Timing, cals and map are accurate. Rebooting, reinstalling does not seem to help! No change in devices, though upgraded to newest ios, phone xr used, and no previous issues for past months! Clues anybody?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Community, @Canfa.

Fitbit devices calculate distance based on the device’s accelerometer data and stride length setting.

Default stride length is based on your height and gender. If available, Fitbit devices use GPS data to calculate more precise distances.When you sync your device, our algorithm interprets the data from the device, and you see your distance traveled in the Fitbit app. 

Note that when you track an exercise with GPS, both GPS and accelerometer data are used to calculate the distance shown in the Fitbit app. For more information about accuracy, check the article: How accurate are Fitbit devices?.

Let me know the outcome.

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, once again, selected bike exercise from device, using connected gps. Same route, even similar timing of the exercise. Distance off by 66%. Thats a looot! Distance started to behave randomly for past few weeks. See attached

B90E7D8A-5D92-4CEF-8D69-0ADBFA76E50A.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have similar issue - see my post 24/11/2020. Again this appears to be since last IOS update 14.2 on iPhone X 

Best Answer
0 Votes