Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 does not show accurate mileage

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I jogged 4.1 miles today (tracked mileage via another app) and my Fitbit Charge 3 states I only walked 3.08 miles...almost 1 mile off!  I tried to edit the mileage on the app, but it won't save.  How come the mileage is not accurate on the Fitbit Charge 3?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome on board @Terirun, it's nice to see a new member around! Thanks for editing the mileage on the Fitbit app, nice way to go!

Fitbit devices calculate distance by multiplying your walking steps by your walking stride length and multiplying your running steps by your running stride length. We estimate your stride lengths using your height and sex. Track one or more runs using on-board or connected GPS, we evaluate that data to automatically update your running stride length. For best results, run at a comfortable pace for at least 10 minutes.

If you prefer to measure your walking and running stride lengths yourself and enter them manually, see How do I measure and adjust my stride length?

Note that when you're tracking an activity with GPS, Fitbit calculates your distance using GPS data rather than steps. If you begin moving before you get a GPS signal, the tracker will calculate distance using steps and stride length as described above until a GPS signal is found.

After reviewing this factors, please go for another walk and see if the distance improves. 

I'll be around, keep me posted! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

My new Charge 3 shows I walked 9942 steps at the default stride length of .66m for a distance of 1.26k!   S/B 6.5k. Does it need to be reset and how do I do it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is new to me. How do I track my miles on my charge 3?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I returned my first charge 3 because it was so in accurate with the miles, and now my new fitbit charge 3 is doing the same thing. How do I connect it to the GPS?

Best Answer
0 Votes