Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 doesn’t connect to Bluetooth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve been trying to since my Charge 3 for a couple of days now but to no avail. I’ve just realised it wasn’t connecting to Bluetooth (the ‘make sure the device is turned on and in range’ message keeps coming up when I tried to do this manually).

I therefore restarted my Fitbit - didn’t fix the problem.

Then I unpaired my Fitbit from my iphone. It originally showed up in the ‘Other Devices’ list but still wouldn’t pair. I then turned my Bluetooth off and on and now my phone can’t even find my fitbit.

Does anybody have a fix for this? I ideally don’t want to lose two days of data 

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Hello @Rissab14 

Since restarting your Charge 3 didn’t resolve the problem lets see if setting your Charge 3 up again will fix the issue. You will only lose the data from your last successful sync to the Fitbit App. Otherwise all your other data is stored on the Fitbit servers. Please follow the instructions closely and do not skip a step.

First make sure you have the latest Fitbit App version on your phone  then log out of the Fitbit App. Now force shut the app by taping  the three lines in the bottom left corner of your screen then tap close all if your on Android or simply swipe the Fitbit App upward if your on an iOS mobile device. Now make sure your phone is updated to the latest version as well. Now go to the Bluetooth on your phone and remove Charge 3 from your Bluetooth. Just tap Charge 3 then tap forget (or unpair) even if it says it’s unconnected or forget device if your using an iOS device.. If your Charge 3 doesn’t appear on the Bluetooth list at all just proceed to the next step. Now restart your phone and then log back into your Fitbit App, tap your profile picture then scroll down and tap Set Up A Device. Pick Charge 3 in the list of trackers then simply follow the onscreen instructions. When your asked if you want to replace the Charge 3 say yes. 

😃 I hope this resolved your syncing issues and this provided you the best answer to your question. Please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is yours showing the wrong time too?   
Mine didn’t sync yesterday and when I woke up today I realised it’s 5 minutes slow too.

Weird!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having trouble with my Charge 3 also. It won't sync and for a week it wasn't lighting up when I raised my wrist to see the time or steps. Now it isn't even keeping the correct time. I wonder if the problems people are having is from the last few software updates. I've tried all the recommendations from the forums and it didn't help. Tomorrow I'm going to do a live chat to see if the Fitbit company will help me.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep, I have exactly everything you just mentioned. Nothing fixed it either so I ended up just buying a Charge 5. I’m quite annoyed - this is my third Charge 3 to randomly malfunction.
Best Answer
0 Votes

These steps do not work. I've tried them, and was unable to re-pair the device to the fitbit software. It doesn't help that Fitbit refuses to use the built in bluetooth pairing systems. After going through this rigmarole the device still loses time and refuses to sync. 

There is clearly a significant bug with Fitbit software - if I were cynical I'd suggest it was intentional obsolescence

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Pasusie, they won't. The intent is for you to buy a new device. I know bluetooth is a pain, but there's a problem with their software. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apologies Rissab14, but that's rewarding their failure! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It still doesn’t work after your suggestion so I’ve just given up for the time being. Thanks so much for taking your time out to help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes! It went from being about 30mins behind to a full 2 hours. And I definitely learned this the hard way! It’s so annoying 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know. I waited for a few days before I bought it but I really hate not having a fitness tracker - you just get used to it after a while. Fitbit has replaced my Charge 3 so many times, idk why the model is so bad

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is now two hours different all the time and not  syncing. 

I did everything suggested in their troubleshooting and then did it again on the line with live chat. They have now offered me 30% off a new device for the next 30 days but not in the location where I’m located.

My charge 2 died after two years and three weeks and I waited a while before trying a Fitbit again. I hate not having a tracker but I’m going to be shopping around and finding an alternative.

Best Answer
0 Votes