Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 doesn’t vibrate when a text is received

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It receives texts but doesn’t vibrate when they come in. How can I set this up?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

Welcome on board @Maves, it's nice to see a new member around! While reading your post I was wondering if by any chance you turned on the Do Not Disturb, Quiet hours, or Driving mode setting on your phone? Fitbit Charge 3 receives notifications, but your device won’t alert you. Swipe down to see your notifications.

If paired to an Android phone, your Fitbit watch or tracker can alert you to notifications at any time:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the account icon  > your device image > Notifications
  2. In the Vibration Settings section, turn on the Always Vibrate option.

If your Charge 3 is still not vibrating after taking that into consideration, I'd recommend restarting your device by following these steps

Hope that helps, keep me in the loop! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
Thanks for your reply. I don't have do not disturb set. I've looked under notifications but don't see anything about vibration options. I only bought it yesterday so am hoping that some questions will sort themselves out over time but I miss the vibration when receiving a text or call as my last Fitbit did that.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi @Maves! Thanks for getting back and for reviewing the steps provided above. Robot wink 

By any chance, have you seen if the vibration of your alarms work? If your device didn't alert you, make sure you successfully set an alarm. For more information, see How do I manage alarms on my Fitbit device?

Your Fitbit device vibrates to alert you at various times, including if you set an alarm, when you hit your step goal, or if you haven’t met your hourly activity goal.

If you correctly set the alarm or aren’t receiving other alerts, test your device’s vibration motor by connecting the device to the charging cable. For more information, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?

If everything works except for the notifications, I'd recommend setting up your notifications again:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app 
  3. Tap on Account > Charge 3 > Notifications
  4. When a pop-up with a "Bluetooth Pairing Required" message, tap on Set Up and continue.
  5. A new "Bluetooth Pairing Request" will appear, tap on Pair to continue
  6. Once in the Notifications menu, enable the ones you'd like to receive. 
  7. Go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and make sure the following is enabled:
    • Allow Notifications
    • Show on Lock Screen
    • Show in Notification Center
    • Show in Banners

Hope this helps, let me know the outcome! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your advice. The vibration was working for the step notification (at ten to the hour) but not for texts and phone calls. I took it to Best Buy where I'd bought it and the guy there looked at the settings and said they were all set up properly. So I turned my phone off then on again and now it's working - lol.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Awesome news @Maves! I'm so glad to hear that your notifications are working fine after turning off your phone. Woman Very Happy

Please don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem with my Charge 3 unfortunately.  The device vibrates with the daily, hourly reminders to move and also when calendar events occur but the text message and phone call notifications are sketchy and inconsistent.  Regularly having to resync device to app, power off phone check settings and reset the device.  Any suggestions?

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem as Kim_CLE

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Flex2 is vibrating for phone calls but not incoming text messages.  I have tried resetting it, deleting the device and adding it back, turning off the phone, adjusting the settings.....nothing seems to be helping.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having this problem. I had problems with lines and I was sent a replacement and now I have this issue. How can this be fixed. Very upset. Conatantly having to restart my phone or redo my app is ridiculous. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

my do not disturb was turned on, turned this off and it solved the problem 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done all of these steps and my Charge 3 still won’t vibrate on calls and texts. My silent alarm goes off like it is supposed to. So I know the vibration is working and that it is paired with my phone. Is there another solution?  

Best Answer

I went into the Fitbit app then to notification and turned off the messages then turned it back on. Vibration now works again. 

Best Answer

I tried that and it still doesn’t work. 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

And you restarted phone and fit bit?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Tried that and it still does not vibrate. I go back and see in the notifications that I received a text but not when it happens.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this issue too. I've tried all the issues cited in this thread and it still doesn't vibrate for texts. I get airline and lyft notifications. just not call/texts. I have an iPhone XS

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has same issue of text & call notifications not vibrating when received on charge 3 since last iphone IOS update; tried turning off/on phone multiple times which didn’t work. Went to this forum & looked at settings - not on do not disturb mode. But I always have my phone on silent so I turned that off; notification vibrations started working. Still was frustrated bc it seemed I would be unable to get vibration alerts if phone is on silent. Then saw this post (turning off & on messages in fitbit app notifications) so I turned off msgs, restarted phone (just in case) then turned notification - msgs back on while phone on silent and all is good. Thanks!!!

Best Answer

Ever since my iPhone did an update a while ago, I do not get notifications on my fitbit for text messages.  I get a vibration for phone calls and alarms but nothing for text messages. I have the alert turned on and I have taken the device off and reinstalled it but it still does not work. My iPhone has had an update since and it still does not work.  Is anyone else having the same problem? When I first bought it, it worked but stopped since the first update.  I have had two updates since then thinking it would fix the problem but it has not. 

Best Answer