Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 dsplay, vibration and GPS failing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

First the display failed on my Charge 3 so I can't use it to change settings or anything else. Well, I thought, as long as it vibrates to tell me to walk every hour, I can live without the display although that certainly diminishes the functionality. Then a week or so ago it quit vibrating to tell me to walk. The peculiar thing is that it still vibrates to tell me when I've reached my daily goal. A few days ago I started getting a notification on my Android phone that Fitbit GPS tracking was on. I'd never had this before but since it allowed me to sync without actually going into the app, I thought it was OK. Now I've noticed that both my Charge 3 and phone battery are draining more quickly. There does not seem to be any way to turn off GPS usage on the Charge 3 when I'm at home and not really using GPS. I can turn GPS off on my phone but get dire warnings from Fitbit. Plus I have to remember to turn GPS back on when I really do want it.

The bottom line here is that Fitbit has managed to reduce a fully functional and wonderful device to a battery draining hunk of near uselessness.

The question begging to be answered is: will I buy a new Fitbit model to replace this one? The answer is no.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Thanks for getting back to us @wudzep. I'm sorry to hear about what's happening to your Charge 3. 

If you have an issue with your Charge 3 screen try restarting your device. If the issue persists, please contact Customer Support

Tracker's GPS should be off. Could you send a screenshot of what you get?

You can also check: Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes