Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 exercise tracking stopping by itself

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello!

I’m new for the Fitbit community since I got the Charge 3 as a present a couple of days ago. I was used to the Polar Watch that also has an exercise tracking mode but for some reason I cannot make the Fitbit one work properly. I select the exercise in the watch, put start and the “Let’s go”. It will start tracking for 5-15min until it stops by itself. 

The first couple of minutes I can see it tracking the excercise and heart rate but it will automatically go back to the main screen after a couple of minutes without me realizing. Then I can check in then app that the watch just tracked a bit of it before stopping it. Sometimes it will start “automatically” tracking an excercise after stopping the manual track so I still get data but not as accurate (in time and type of excercise)

- I have not pressed anything during the workout

- Tried setting a “time goal” but still stopped by itself after a couple of minutes

- Turned it off from the watch (with the setting options) and tried again. Still stops mid workout

- Restarted it by pressing the side button for a while until I saw the happy face. Still keeps stopping mid workout 

have been fighting with it for a while. 6 times in different types of workout already and always failed, so I’m starting to get frustrated. It does track my heart rate thus some of the calories burned are shown and sometimes it does automatically track exercise but not always accurate (yesterday got “elliptical exercise” even though I was walking in the treadmill for cool down 😐

Am I doing something wrong or is it the watch’s problem?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
49 REPLIES 49

My Versa keeps returning to main screen without me realizing during my workouts. It’s been weeks. Very annoying. 

Best Answer

My Charge 3 just started doing the same thing. When tracking a hike or walk, it just stops and returns to the clock face main screen.  From all the comments, seems this has been happening to people for over a year now with no resolution and poor customer communication on Fitbit's part. Even this thread was inaccurately marked resolved!   If this is a year long known issue, they should be sending people new or refurbished replacement products that work.  To let this drag on is poor customer service.  It's as if they're hoping we forget about it or resign ourselves to the fact they aren't what they used to be and really aren't working on a fix.  Pretty disgusted with them and have started telling people to look elsewhere if they want a reliable fitness tracker.  I'm planning on doing the same and looking into Garmin.  

Best Answer

I just bought this device on 1/28/20 and mine has just started doing this same thing.

It's EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING.  It now shows my workouts as zero.  Auto-Pause is off.

I've force quit the app, turned bluetooth on and off, rebooted my Charge3...Not sure what else to try at this point.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem for me, no solution from Fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope! After these issues, plus the text messages not being sent to my device, plus my device display failing shortly after a year (just past the warranty), and not being able to apply the 25% off they gave me to the new Fitbit - I'm now part of the Apple Watch family.
Best Answer

No solutions at all. They’ve got faulty software and haven’t worked out the kinks. Don’t get the Versa 2, I did and the problem persists.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this same issue on my charge 3. Tried restarting. Now cutting off half of my bike rides within 5-20 minutes. Super annoying. I'm not touching the button to pause or stop... I'll just notice at some point in my bike ride it's at the main clock screen. completely useless device

Best Answer

Hi, this has been happening to my charge 3 for around 2 weeks....never had a problem since june 2020 when I bought it. Very frustrating!!!

Hope to get a fix soon Fitbit?

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer

I'm having the exact same issue.  It's very frustrating to look for my stats at the end of a hard workout and realize it wasn't tracked.  I try not to look during my workout, so I'm never sure exactly when it reverts to the main screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue with my Charge 3.  Very frustrating.  Fitbit Moderator,  please respond with an update and guidance on fixing this. Thank you....

Duck and Elf, WFPB
Check out Eating You Alive and Forks Over Knives....
Best Answer
0 Votes