Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 face has dimmed, does not respond to touch, only displays by pushing reset button

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I see in the Community that several folks have reported parts of this problem/these problems.  My Charge 3 has all of these.  About 2 1/2 weeks ago, the face dimmed and shortly after that it quit responding to the tap on the face for display.  I can only get it to display at all by pushing the reset button.  Most of the time, I cannot get the screen to advance by swiping.  Understand that I'm out of warranty, since I ordered on an early-order offer in 2018.  Any help for this or time to trash it and get something else?  This is my 3rd FITBIT and liked it best, until now.

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It sounds like you might be in Sleep Mode, making display dim and preventing display from wrist turn.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

It sounds like you might be in Sleep Mode, making display dim and preventing display from wrist turn.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
Oh my gosh! Can't believe it was truly this easy! Thanks so much for your
help - don't understand how it got set in the first place but taking it off
seems to have done it! Have a great day and thanks again.
Best Answer
0 Votes

what is the fix, I can't seem to find it here?

Best Answer
Hi vbuster281 - Another Community Member answer was correct and worked
immediately! My Fitbit was in "Sleep Mode". I cancelled that and have had
zero problems since then. I didn't intentionally put it in Sleep Mode, so
it must have been triggered by my watch's buttons being hit by my gloves
or something.
Best Answer

This is my problem too, but how do you get it out of Sleep mode? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I went into the "Owner's Manual" on the FitBit site to find it. I had
never intentionally triggered this, so I had no clue!
Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I get it out of sleep mode?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Swipe left to settings, then down to sleep mode. Tap that and you should see both "Sleep Mode" and "Schedule". Tap the top one (Sleep Mode), and that should take you from "on" to "off".

Best Answer

Thank you for explaining that! Mine was so dim that I couldn't really read it, so saying "tap the top one" saved the day! Thanks again!

Best Answer

Mine is the same, wont display when I move my wrist, only if I click the button and in display mode it will not let me adjust any of the settings eg: change from dim to normal or motion and button.  If I go to Quiet modes the focus mode is switched on, Do not disturb is on but dim and won't change if pressed and Sleep mode is also on but dim and won't let me change it. Any ideas? Some where else mentions a reset but the only option that I see is the factory reset which will delete all data and settings so not sure if this is what I want?

Best Answer
I finally gave up and bought a 5 when they were on sale! After I remedied
the dimness, other things improved for a bit but quickly got worse as
multiple things began to fail!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel your pain VistaApps and all - My Charge 3 is having all the same issues as I have read in these forums. It's unfortunate that these devices aren't lasting longer - so wasteful and not environmentally friendly. I have bought 2 FitBits myself over the years and another 4 as gifts. How do you like the 5? I am considering it, but also looking at other brands. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well, the 5 is fine. Pretty much a simple step up from the 3. I'm kind of
a Consumer Report geek and they test these frequently. They still put the
Fitbit at the top of their list, so 🤷
Best Answer

I'm glad that worked for you.  My problem is I can't even swipe to settings because my fitbit charge 3 is completely black.  

Best Answer

It happened to mine and it the end I did a live chat with fitbit and after trying some things and nothing working I had to do a factory reset, settings - About Versa 3 -  factory reset.

This of course wipes off any updates or apps you've added and you then have to add new device to the fitbit app. 

What they didn't tell me was that you can no longer do this with windows 10 computer as not compatible, I had to go back onto the live chat to find this out and was told to use my phone fitbit app which worked fine. I'm just hoping this isn't a reoccurring problem as some others mentioned.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can also get to Sleep Mode in Quick Settings, which is probably where it accidentally gets set to On.  Press side button a few seconds to get to Quick Settings for most common settings.

Best Answer