Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 floor count too high

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have the Charge 3 and started adding up way too many floors a little over 2 weeks ago now. I have tried the restart/reboot did not work. I sometimes even register floors when I am sleeping. I have been logging over 50 floors a day and can do that without leaving my home or going up any flights of steps. Something is wrong with this and I only had it 2 months now.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
70 REPLIES 70

It's great to see you around @Lanfoster.

Thanks for troubleshooting this by yourself. Your Charge 3 uses both an accelerometer and altimeter to track floors, and registers a floor when detecting continuous motion combined with an elevation gain of about 10 feet.

Your device may give you credit for extra floors for a variety of reasons. Devices may track floors while doing everyday tasks such as opening doors, driving, or riding elevators or escalators, or from abrupt weather and atmospheric pressure changes Exposure to excess moisture can also result in extra floors. I recommend wearing your device loosely during exercise.

If you want to remove floors from your account, follow the instructions provide in the help article How do I edit or delete Fitbit data and activities?. Please don't insert anything into the altimeter hole on your device.

Let me know if you need anything else. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello I have same issue counting floors even when I do not climbed a floor.

But the reaction not to use floors is not an acceptable solution. Before with charge 2 I didn't have this issue.

So I think that fitbit need to come up with a solution that it works properly.

I payed for a lot of money with all the features should work as ment to be.

I hope Fitbit comes up with an update that fixes this issue.

Not using floors is NOT a solution!!

Regards John

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem with my Charge 3.  I've had the device since mid October and have had no issues up until a few weeks ago when I noticed a HUGE increase in my daily floor count.  My average daily activity and routine have not changed, but instead of an average of around 10 floors a day, my tracker is consistently giving me a count of 50-75 floors a day.  One day the count was up to 96 floors and I know I did less than 10 floors that day with no driving or other activity that would give me a false count.  I tried resetting my Charge 3 a couple times, but this did nothing to fix the problem.  

I hope Fitbit can find a solution because while this issue is not a deal-breaker for me, I do find it rather irritating. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem. Just today it logged 48 stairs when going down 2 fligts of stairs to my car 😳

It also counted 3000 steps when placed in my bag in the car. It’s been counting steps while driving since the last update.

The Fitbit has been rebooted with no success.

please fix this bug orherwise I’ll have to switch to another brand as this was one of the reasona for bying this (quite expensive) watch.

Best Answer

Really looking forward to a fix for this issue. It’s been happening for some time now for many, and in my case, getting worse. Registered 115 floors today. Was nowhere near a staircase all day. Please provide a timeline for this.

Best Answer

I recently started using fitbit charge3. This is my device from fitbit. I heard fitbit is good brand. But I am facing lot of issues like false floor climbing, steps count and wrong calories. Very disappointing about the product

Best Answer

I also started to get incorrect floor counts several weeks ago. I have not gone up a single flight of stairs yet today and my floor count is 8. I see about 40 - 50 floors every day. This is totally inaccurate and started a few weeks ago. This needs to be fixed and seems to be something recently done by Fitbit as everyone is saying this started a few weeks ago.

Best Answer
Greetings all. We are a Fitbit family. All three of us are active users, and have been for years. Right now my wife and I both have the Charge 3’s. We are fans.
That said, I’m sitting here this morning sipping my coffee in my PJ’s, and I’ve already earned NINE floors. Wow. My wife’s has none. Odd that this malady is affecting only me, not her.
My steps, and all other facets, are logging reasonable numbers.
Last Friday and Saturday I logged 125 floors each day, and was not with a country mile of stairs, ladders, or any form of incline. 
While for some time I’ve been scoring fairly high floors (10-50), right after Fitbits February 5th App update my floors have escalated greatly, up to the 80-120 range each day. I live in a flat Arizona desert, by the way.
I have (more than a few times) rebooted on my watch, and also when connected to the harging cable, erased and restored my bluetooth connection, and even deleted and restored my Charge 3 from my iPad and iPhone. 
I’d really like someone from Fitbit to step in here and provide us with a timeline for a cure. I love these products, they do many things well,  but this is very irritating.
Thank you.😎

Sent from my neighborhood phone booth
Best Answer

Floors, steps all are manipulating line anything. I felt like I'm wearing junk in my hand. Team when will be fix available for this issue  Its irritating to the core. Its counting elevators... Very poor

Best Answer

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this floors issues and sorry for the delay in respond.

As mentioned previously, Charge 3 may give you credit for extra floors for a variety of reasons. Devices may track floors while doing everyday tasks such as opening doors, driving, or riding elevators or escalators, or from abrupt weather and atmospheric pressure changes Exposure to excess moisture can also result in extra floors. I recommend wearing your device loosely during exercise.

@qsplace, @scadgirl8@Fridora@FrankMachado@briansok and @MoparAz  can you please tell me what activity were you doing while your tracker registered these amount of floors?

Keep in mind that if you want to remove floors from your account, follow the instructions provide in the help article How do I edit or delete Fitbit data and activities?

See you around. Man Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well, as mentioned, I got about seven floors while sleeping last night. Didn't even dream about climbing anything.  😉 

Often it will be when I walk out to the car, or around the property. When I play tennis, typically I'll get a bunch. I believe I mentioned that my wife's Charge 3 operates properly. Mine used to. Something has changed, especially since your last update (early February).
It's not the point that we can remove them later. I'd really just like this to work properly. I'm thinking it's a software bug, or my Charge 3 needs rrplacing. Something broke inside, maybe.
Help?
Best Answer

hi

i was just riding my bike for 10 km
and indeed there are some little hills in the track.

i always wear the charge lose as recommend.

But not one stair i did that day.

how is it that the charge does not have this extreme issues?

Regards
Met vriendelijke groet,

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Wow. Just got my Weekly Fitbit Summary for last week. I had 696 floors....... seems I should win something for that, huh? Smiley IndifferentSmiley Happy

Best Answer

Thanks for your quick reply. But Fitbit charge 3 doing very bad in tracking. 

1. While riding motorcycle, using lift, doing walking it adds floors.

2. While riding motorcycle, it rides some amount of steps and distance. Today I ride 10km, it adds around 700 steps and 500 mt in  my log. This will happen whenever I ride motorcycle.

My iPhone health app tracking properly. Fitbit charge 3 adding too much for me! 

When will u fix this issue, or what is the procedure to change another model. Current Fitbit charge 3 doesn’t add any value. It works worse a than MI band. Pls help me. 

Best Answer

My wife and I have been Fitbit users for over three years.  Started with Charge HRs, then Charge 2s and now I just started with a Charge 3.

The others handled floors reasonably well, however, the Charge 3 is way off the mark.  

Today, while shoveling snow from my driveway it registered 11 floors which I didn't climb.  My driveway is flat.  I treat shoveling snow as a exercise and track it as a "workout".  If you work hard enough and fast enough it is easy to get HR into the Cardio zone.  

Yesterday, while on the treadmill (flat with NO incline) it registered 19 floors.

Alejandra:  I appreciate recommendation of deleting data by faking the system into thinking I was driving, however, doing this results in eliminating the steps associated with the workout as well.  This is not a good solution...….it should be fixed.

FrankMachado:  When I ride my motorcycle I would often get incorrect steps & stairs. In that case I used Alejandra's method of deleting data.  During the time that I rode my motorcycle I could easily delete the stair flights and steps because I really didn't earn any while riding.

Best Answer

I wonder why no one from Fitbit has responded to this comment. I'm having problems with my Fitbit either not counting the floors at all, over-counting them, or under-counting them, and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. I agree with qsplace that using the floor counter is an option that should actually be usable. What kind of advice is "Just disable the floor counter"? If I disable the floor counter, is Fitbit going to give me a refund for part of the cost of the Fitbit?

Well begun is half done.
Best Answer

I wear my tracker loosely -- that is NOT a fix for this problem.  My Charge 2 didn't count a stair occasionally, but nothing like the Charge 3 which gives you way more stairs than you climb.  I paid lots of money for this product and expect to have an accurate count of my activity!!!  It's bad enough that it doesn't track your steps when you are pushing a shopping cart, now it's not tracking my stairs correctly.  Please fix this.  If it tracked right on the Charge 2, what did you change on the Charge 3???

Best Answer

Hi

I to have been facing this too high a step count since a week after using it. I purchase this expensive watch since I was told it is better than the alta hr I was using earlier. But I seem to be climbing  Floors even while sitting . I have done all the trouble shooting steps but issue remains. I have climbed 14 floors but was just sitting waiting for my daughter to finish her class.

Best Answer

@AlejandraFitbit wrote:

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this floors issues and sorry for the delay in respond.

As mentioned previously, Charge 3 may give you credit for extra floors for a variety of reasons. Devices may track floors while doing everyday tasks such as opening doors, driving, or riding elevators or escalators, or from abrupt weather and atmospheric pressure changes Exposure to excess moisture can also result in extra floors. I recommend wearing your device loosely during exercise.

@qsplace, @scadgirl8@Fridora@FrankMachado@briansok and @MoparAz  can you please tell me what activity were you doing while your tracker registered these amount of floors?

Keep in mind that if you want to remove floors from your account, follow the instructions provide in the help article How do I edit or delete Fitbit data and activities?

See you around. Man Happy

Hi

I to have been facing this too high a step count since a week after using it. I purchase this expensive watch since I was told it is better than the alta hr I was using earlier. But I seem to be climbing  Floors even while sitting . I have done all the trouble shooting steps but issue remains. I have climbed 14 floors but was just sitting waiting for my daughter to finish her class.

Best Answer
0 Votes