Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 floor count too high

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have the Charge 3 and started adding up way too many floors a little over 2 weeks ago now. I have tried the restart/reboot did not work. I sometimes even register floors when I am sleeping. I have been logging over 50 floors a day and can do that without leaving my home or going up any flights of steps. Something is wrong with this and I only had it 2 months now.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
70 REPLIES 70

Hi,

To answer the question of what I’ve been doing while the floorcount has been climbing - the answer is absolutely nothing. Sitting still can aparently cause the floorcount to hit 56 😳

I agree with the others that this a very expensive watch to have this many flaws. I’ve only had this since October and so far it doesn’t meet my expectations. 

Best Answer
I’ve had it only for a month and all these floor issues

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Agree highly with this. Especially the part about the Charge 2 being much more accurate. I recently spent a day walking around a large FLAT skidpad at a car event, and was awarded 77 floors. And this on a second Fitbit provided by them, due to the first recording..... even higher levels of floors!!! And this one loses pairing most days, something I find very irritating. Another phone call to Fitbit now on my calendar. Past time to fix this. And yes, I’ve rebooted more times than I can count, deleted and reloaded multiple times, and it is also worn correctly (I’ve had multiple Fitbits over many years).

Best Answer

Telling us that we should expect something to malfunction by significantly miscounting floors or turning floors off all together is not a solution and quite honestly not acceptable customer service.

Is this flaw in the Charge 3 being worried on and has an estimated fix time or not? 

Best Answer

I switched yesterday from my Charge 2 to a new Charge 3. I switched around dinnertime. I live in a small town on the gulf coast in South Florida. It is flat. That which isn't beach is vegetation-covered beach. Even our houses have only one or two steps. The only time I logged floors on my Charge 2 was while golfing on contoured courses. So yesterday I spent the evening around the house...and logged 17 floors! None on my Charge 2; 17on the Charge 3. With all respect, Alexandra needs to accept that atmospheric conditions and moisture (I bought the 3 to swim with) and opening doors does not explain the grossly excessive stair count we are all logging in our dashboards. The solution is not in manually deleting stair counts and a good place to start is with an acknowledgement that there's a problem.

Best Answer

I also have a new charge 3 and even when I actually do stairs it logs way more than I did. Is this always going to be a problem???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes pls find. a solution 

Best Answer

Hi

I tried negating the floor count as you mention by putting in the driving duration. So it did work and my floor count came down but so did the number of steps done in my morning walk. Now what should I do..live with the 20 floors being counted that I an actually not doing

Best Answer
yea just adding driving as an activity to negate the workout is not an acceptable solution. today i went for a walk outside and it counted 50 floors in 30 mins when i was just walking on flat land. if i edit that time as driving. i lose my 5000 footsteps as well. sucks...
Best Answer

Ok, so I used to average 20 floors or so, which makes sense. Two weeks ago, it started going crazy - today (it's not even 3PM yet), i have apparently climbed 119 floors. By my count, it should be no more than 15. This is clearly a software/sensor issue  and fitbit needs to do something. 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue as everyine else. I am disabled and barely step 5000 steps a day but my floors show 20 to 30. I sit alot and cannnot do stairs or elevations without pian so definitely the 

Best Answer

i am having the same issues as eveyone else. Floors is showing a very high count. I am disabled and hardly do any stairs or elevations. I usually only do around 5000 steps daily with and my floor count will end up 20 to 30. Please fix this issue! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

i am having the same issues as eveyone else. Floors is showing a very high count. I am disabled and hardly do any stairs or elevations. I usually only do around 5000 steps daily and my floor count has been 20 to 30. I mostly sit all day but get up just to get steps in daily so it should not be tracking floors or if so then not that many. Please fix!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also have tried unsuccessfully to delete multiple post and cannot. Sorry

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here with fake floors...

I already had one charge 3 replaced for this reason, second one works same (bad) way. Last week I get average 200 floors/day and I would expect 0....

I believe more in software issues not being able to properly identify activities rather than sensors....

My wife, with different  brand, has not this issue so I will most likely change ...

Best Answer
0 Votes

There are numerous threads about inaccurate floor/stairs counting problems. I would suggest the moderators merge these and switch those set to "solved" to "open" issues.

Here's my latest update in another post:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-3/Incorrect-floors-being-tracked/m-p/3632167/highlight/true#M...

And below are similar posts that cover the same issue. Some of these are set to solved, others are not. Some of my posts got deleted, presumably to discourage cross-posting or flooding the system with similar responses. No hard feelings to the moderators, as their job is to keep this forum tidy: my only complaint is that there are so many threads now, about the exact same issue, and none seem to lead to any kind of real answer, or solution.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-3/Incorrect-Floor-Calculations/m-p/3637562#M83700

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-3/Fitbit-Charge-3-way-too-many-stairs/td-p/3021705

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-3/Counting-Stairs/td-p/3320266

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-3/Charge-3-recording-extra-floors/td-p/3512676

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-3/Stair-counting/td-p/3440981

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-3/Charge-3-and-stairs/td-p/3002735

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-3/Charge-3-stairs-amount-inaccurate/td-p/3558134

Honest question to the moderators that have answered in these threads:

@AlejandraFitbit 

@LanuzaFitbit 

@JuanJoFitbit 

@MarreFitbit 

@DavideFitbit 

@LizzyFitbit 

@KateFitbit 

• Are you collecting all of this to push it forward to R&D and get a solution?
  • Is there any form of feedback from Fitbit HQ?
  • Will the Fitbit Charge 3 become reliable in the near future?

I wrote earlier: "Fitbit, please understand that customers are spending time on this in the hope of being heard. It is not a battle. It is a request for assistance."

As for myself, I am the type of customer that tries to communicate in order to get things resolved. I see it as a positive contribution. What I can't stand (nor understand) is moderators, helpdesks or service rep's simply closing cases or deleting posts or copy/pasting nonsense responses, with no regard to customer satisfaction.

I truly hope to get an honest response and I expect Fitbit to solve the issue. Either with a firmware upgrade, or a device replacement.

For reference: an example of yet another day with a wrong floor count. 

64A34798-0E91-4013-9618-9BD0C5CF67D0.jpeg

Best Answer

This issue has been outstanding for a considerable length of time and the recent firmware changes has made the problem worse.

While I believe that the majority of the moderators are seriously working to solve problems and help fitbit users, I sometimes think that the counts of issues addressed and solutions achieved are more important and are the indicators used to measure moderator success.

Best Answer

Another day, another misreading.

I had a slow day, doing desk work mostly, sitting in a chair, without much movement. Had maybe 10-12 floors to climb during the whole day. Did drive up and down in warm weather, with the airco on.

62 instead of max. 1262 instead of max. 12

Best Answer

This week I am comparing with my wife’s Apple Watch, I average 250 floors/day while she has 40... we are on holiday doing same activities.

I also notice more steps and more distance... I don’t see any solution with charge3, I will stop using it

Best Answer

Charge 3 floor count too high 

I am having the same issue. It just started a last week

My Fitbit appears to recording stairs when i walk around my single story very level house, when I get out of the chair even when I sleep

I am now averaging over 100 per day. Currently on 47 and I haven't even left the house

Telling us to remove stairs from the app is not an acceptable solution. Come on this is one  of the "features" Fitbit uses in it marketing 

Have done all the usual trouble shooting restarting the device etc but no change

Best Answer