Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 floor count too high

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have the Charge 3 and started adding up way too many floors a little over 2 weeks ago now. I have tried the restart/reboot did not work. I sometimes even register floors when I am sleeping. I have been logging over 50 floors a day and can do that without leaving my home or going up any flights of steps. Something is wrong with this and I only had it 2 months now.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
70 REPLIES 70

I had 252 steps when I woke up this morning, and I did not even get up during the night for my old mans pee!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks friend I'll certainly give it a go
Fiatcars
Best Answer
0 Votes

@JK001 wrote:

Wanted to post a follow up here.  I contacted Fitbit support via private message on twitter.  They responded right away when I referenced this thread and all of us who are experiencing this.  They had me do some troubleshooting but ended up offering to send a replacement charge 3.  I am doing that.  Fingers crossed this one works, wondering if those of us on the thread just all bought from one bad run of these.  Who knows.  Anyway, I feel good again about fitbit since they are standing behind their product.  So you may want to go this direction if it's still doing that...because as we all know the product should do what its designed to do and not give us these goofball numbers.    

Can you keep us updated? Would be good to see if it solves anything.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have reached out to support. First via Twitter, now in a mail exchange. Going through the motions of trying all the work-arounds and ticking all the support boxes. Restarting (15 sec’s reset while on charger), Bluetooth re-pairing, firmware check, stairs counting, ladidadida...

Here’s today’s result so far:

9E14055A-17E2-4E53-8700-7E6C69F4100B.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your reference to removing floors is not helpful. I don't want a fitness tracker that I have to enter fake drives multiple times a day because the tracker over counts floors multiple times during the day. Fix the problem please.

Best Answer

Hi--yes positive news to report.  The new one fitibit sent me seems to be working fine.  I am getting normal floors once again!  So if you haven't reached out to FB and gotten a new one, maybe give that a try?   Happy to report it did work for me.

Makes me think there was a bad batch of these produced and all of us were the ones who ended up with them.    

Best Answer

Same here. Got the replacement and saw an immediate change back to "normal". Question is whether it was in fact a faulty batch, or still a design flaw that will lead back to the same weird readings in a couple of months.

For reference:

CleanShot 2020-03-12 at 22.14.12@2x.jpg

As you can see, the Charge 2 performed quite stable and consistent throughout 2018. Early 2019 I switched from Charge 2 to Charge 3 and then the readings went up and showed silly numbers up until the replacement early 2020.

Best Answer

My Charge 3 started adding a ridiculous number of floors climbed around November. Apparently I climbed over 1,000 flights of stairs in February, when I was heavily pregnant and then over 1,500 flights while recovering from a c-section 😂 Coincidently, the obvious inaccuracies started when I started swimming. 

Today I took my Charge 3 back to the store since it was still under warranty and luckily for me they didn't have any in stock. It was my get-out-of-jail free card - I used the store credit towards a Garmin!!! The customer service I received from Fitbit over the 9 months was non-existent, the bugs and issues were not fixed, no ETA on syncing issues (my Charge wouldn't show sleeping stats on the band) and hiding new features behind a paywall (new sleep stats for premium customers only). Bye Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried the recommended solutions and still not working. I was not able to edit my stairs either. I was walking on treadmill when it lodged multiple extra stairs. The other day I was mowing the lawn and got over 60 extra stairs

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree. Sometimes my stair count is about right, but sometimes it does
not count the stairs I actually climb, and sometimes it gives me a bunch of
stairs when I go for a walk.

As the step count is not always accurate either as it doesn't count the
steps when I walk slower and it does not count the steps when I'm pushing a
shopping cart. What's the deal? I'm walking!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Good Morning,
When you're walking, whether slow or pushing a shopping cart, you have to make sure the arm that your watch is on is actually swinging with your steps. When I push a shopping cart I only use one hand (most of the time) to push the cart. Try that and see if it helps with your step count.
Best Answer
0 Votes