Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 getting battery low notification at 50%

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just received a text and email that my charge 3 battery was low but the charge 3 showed 50 per cent and the app said medium.  What level should the charge 3 be at when you recharge the watch

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
66 REPLIES 66

Over the past few days, I’ve been getting the same alert at 47%, 52% and 57%. I thought it might have something to do with having switched to Valerie clockface a few days ago. Nice to see it’s likely related to the app update.

@MarreFitbit wrote:

Hello everyone @Kennyfar, @SunsetRunner, @vee, @TAMERZ, @MrMarv, @Bexs80, @MoparAz, @Twodraftmom, @jfe, @MaritimerLZ, and @Gills123! Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention and for following the tips and recommendations I've suggested to some of you already.

We are looking into this to identify the cause of it and provide you with a resolution. As soon as we have updates available, rest assured that I will keep you all posted.

Your patience and understanding is truly appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have restarted my 3 2 times on different days and I am still getting the low battery email and it is at 50%

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kennyfar wrote:

I just chatted with Fitbit and was told that it's normal to get a notification to recharge the battery at 50 percent.  

Received the same message yesterday at 50% & again today at 39%. This is REALLY annoying. Apparently this is a new normal & it is NOT appropriate to charge when the battery is at 50%. This behavior must be fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had a low battery warning at 35% by email and notification, app reporting medium battery. I have rebooted the device holding the button down while connected to the charge cable. After the smile icon the battery reported at 21%, after wearing for 5 minutes this jumped back up to 43%. Something does not seem right with battery monitoring, however the unit itself seems to be operating fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @Nidnuma@T8B15@Jstamm@Buster52@psjcal, and @MarkRUK ! We really appreciate you for calling this out, after your reports about this issue our team is working on a fix now, hopefully will be resolved soon. I will make sure to keep you all posted. 

I'll be around if there's anything else I may do to assist you with. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
Thank you! Appreciate the efforts.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, this has been happening since the update to me too.  It DID used to come at 18% and now comes when it gets below 50%. Fitbit, this has to be a bug.  This is happening to so many users on this thread.  Did you read them all to see it is many people having this issue. Please be sure it is logged as an issue and that someone looks at the latest Charge 3 update.  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit 

Thanks for your help!

Hope the update comes soon! 🙂

My devices: Charge 3, Alta, Charge HR, Windows 10 Mobile. Other devices: Charge 2, Blaze, Ace, Android. If you find any of my posts helpful, please vote for them!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@psjcal wrote:  

Received the same message yesterday at 50% & again today at 39%. This is REALLY annoying. Apparently this is a new normal & it is NOT appropriate to charge when the battery is at 50%. This behavior must be fixed.

Updated Q app, restarted fb & today rec'd low battery message at 30%. Maybe someone at fb is lonely & needs to connect w/us. ; )

Best Answer
0 Votes
I received a reply from FB last night and they indicated that they were working on a fix. Now if they could just fix the silent alarm so that they would stop after you push the side button I would really be happy.

David Fleming
Not retired
615-943-2817
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Vee, yeah, mine happened at 47% hopefully this is a bug that cancan be fixed soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This clearly is a software bug recently introduced.  This low battery notification was sent to numerous users with 50% battery life after June 12 when we updated to the latest app 2.95 (iOS).  Frankly we do not know what that update is all about.  From App Store it just said "Bug fixes and performance improvements".  But what bugs were fixed?  What was improved?  Fitbit should communicate better by publishing the changelog!

Best Answer
0 Votes

After restarting the charge 3 and an app update yesterday I just received a low batter notification and email at 27%. I've now disabled the alerts.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too also suddenly getting low battery warnings when charge is way above 18%. Has anyone gotten them to stop?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Every time I charge my battery, I can use it for a day and then the [i] pops and says it needs to be charge . It’s not lasting at all. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @suzd03@T8B15@psjcal@Buster52@Richard_D73@sko_tang@MarkRUK, and @Mtslights.

As previously mentioned, we are looking into this to identify the cause of it and provide you with a resolution. As soon as we have updates available, rest assured that I will keep you all posted.

Welcome to the Community Forums @Daimler1! In this case, I'd recommend restarting your Charge 3. Then, let your device to run out of battery to charge it again. Keep an eye on it to see how the battery goes. You can also see, Can I improve my Fitbit device's battery life? 

Let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist you in the meantime. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
Did you check the battery percentage on your phone. After 1 day it should be at least 80 per cent. Don't rely on the notification because that's the problem for most of us; not the actual battery level.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

I used to get the low battery notification on my inspire HR and through my fitbit app when it was at 18%. Since the last app update, I'm getting the notification, through the app only, that my battery is low and needs charged when it is at 60%. Seems to be a glitch with the last app update... I still get the usual notifications at 18% also.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Kennyfar! Thanks so much for helping out. Man Very Happy

Welcome on board @Carbal! Thanks for reporting this situation, we are looking into this to identify the cause of it and provide you with a resolution. As soon as we have updates available, rest assured that I will keep you posted.

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there. When would it be appropriate to recharge my Charge 3 after first use (charged when purchased and this will be first week of use). I have a 20% notification and low battery notification now. Do I let it die before recharge?Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes