Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 green lights don't turn off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there anyway to turn off green light/sensor? I went to settings and turned off heart rate but it stays lit. Also while exercising when I do have heart rate on it doesn’t stay on. Sometimes it it shows heart rate and sometimes when it matters it’s blank. Thanks. Probably going to have to return and keep charge 2. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@Crawfish Welcome to the Fitbit Community.

I'm happy to answer your question about why the heart rate lights don't turn off. This is a normal behavior that was implemented on the new Fitbit products. The option to turn off this feature allows you to stop recording your heart rate but the lights will continue illuminating. 

In order to get heart rate readings it is necessary enabling this option. For more information about how heart rate works, please visit this article. If you consider that your readings are not accurate or your Tracker is not recording your heart rate properly, please perform a restart by following these steps.

If have any questions, please let me know.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

I can understand this. I just don't think it's the right behavior. People sometimes want the lights turned off because it might cause some problems during the sleep (sometimes). 

I love Fitbit products and I had an Alta HR which I could turn off the lights. I just bought two Charge 3 for me and my wife and she wanted to get the lights off for some period, and it seems it's not possible. I just called the Customer Support and they don't know how to proceed. 

Looking forward to seeing an update on this.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community.

Thank you for your feedback. I found a similar request in the Feature Suggestions board called Turn off Heart Rate tracking. This section is constantly monitored by our developers team to collect ideas and take them in consideration for future implementations. You are welcome to join the discussion and once any update is available, it will be communicated as soon as possible.

Keep on stepping.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

It is very easy. It was possible to switch it off before. Fitbit decided that you can stop recording it yourself, but they will keep reading your own heart rate even if you don't want to have that light at night.

This, plus horrible screen (unable to see anything out of home), plus failing to fullfil their own promise of offering Spo2... This was  my third  but also my last Fitbit product.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been unable to turn off the green light on my Charge 3, and it drains my battery power in less than 3 hours! I've tried synching, restarting, holding buttons, leaving it plugged in constantly. I'm at the point when what I'd really like to do with it is run it over with my truck and see if that fixes it! Oh, and coincidentally, ya, the 365 day warranty just ended!! Yay!!!!

Turning off the HR monitor did not help in the least, btw.

Best Answer
0 Votes