Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 greetings and brightness needs to be improved

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Charge 2 has personalized greetings and encouraging messages. Charge 3 does not! When will this feature be added to the Charge 3?

Screen Brightness - this needs to be improved - NO adjustment makes the clock faces as bright as the Charge 2. Very disappointing.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @beatrix_catkins and @Michafreo83! I'd like to give thanks for the feedback you've provided towards our product. Rest assured that our engineers and product development team use this information to further improve our products and services which lead us to release new Fitbit trackers. 

Know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. 

Please refer to my post above to add your comments and votes to the existing feature suggestion. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Ping me out if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @beatrix_catkinsGreeting is not yet available on Charge 3. For anything else you would like to see implemented in the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. This is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review. 

In regards to the brightness on your tracker, have you checked the brightness settings on your Charge 3? Please open the Settings App and tap a settings to adjust it (brightness in this case). 

If this doesn't work; I'd recommend voting for this Feature Suggestion:

Feel free to create other ideas if that one doesn't really fulfill what you are asking for. 

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. 

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue my Charge 3 screen is very dull. My friend just bought a Charge 2 & her screen is bright & easy to read. I bought a Charge 3 on her recommendation and am very disappointed. The options are Dim (barely see), Normal (which is dim) or Auto ???. It needs a Brightness option & provision for the font to be increased.

Best Answer

Exactly! I have a Charge 2 and 3.... the 3 is dim and the brightness adjustment is inadequate. They need to fix that feature and add the personal message feature to the 3 as well. 

Best Answer

Hi @beatrix_catkins and @Michafreo83! I'd like to give thanks for the feedback you've provided towards our product. Rest assured that our engineers and product development team use this information to further improve our products and services which lead us to release new Fitbit trackers. 

Know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. 

Please refer to my post above to add your comments and votes to the existing feature suggestion. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Ping me out if you need further assistance! 

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply MarreFitBit. I have tried all the Brightness settings. Dim i can't even see when I am in a well lit room. Auto doe not increase the Brightness. After my first week with Fitbit i like the features of it but the fact that it is so hard to read I am considering returning to the store. I am going to take a photo of my friend's Fitbit & mine together to show the comparison between the two. Great to give the feedback to your developers for new products but I want  my new one mine to actually work. 

Best Answer

The fact that I love my 3, but am going back to my 2 for daily use means that brightness, personal msgs are more important than sleek new looks. These upgrades/fixes should be a priority.... telling my friends to keep their 2’s for now .... until 3 is bright and readable in daylight and all light. Sorry FB.... first time I have been disappointed with your trackers.

Best Answer

My wife is ready to go back to her Charge 2 because of the Greeting. 

Best Answer

I, too, wonder why the developers decided arbitrarily to get rid of the onscreen encouragement and greetings. That was one of the most charming and most appreciated features of my Charge 2. Maybe it seemed cheesy to the techies in development, but to some of the demographic that is actually using your products, it was a good thing to have. All you needed to do was add an option to turn those messages off, for those people who don’t want to see them.

I also agree on the screen brightness. It needs to be ramped up for use in daylight. My iPhone app says "Auto", and it appears to be an unchangeable setting. Tapping on the setting does absolutely nothing to it, so I’m not sure how one it supposed to change it. 

All in all, other than the slimmer profile (the reason why I ordered the Charge 3) I feel that I was happier with the Charge 2 for many reasons. As of today I’m going back to wearing it for daily use. The FitBit 3 was bought with Airmiles, otherwise I’d return it. Guess I can use it as a "dress watch" to wear when I want something a little less bulky on my arm.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I will add, I really miss seeing the onscreen fireworks whenever a goal was achieved. You have lost the interactive aspect of the FitBit. Now it’s just a boring tracker like any other.

Best Answer
0 Votes