Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 has 3 black lines at top of screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I really love my Charge 3! But after the last update I noticed a black line at the top of the screen, I didn’t think to much of it I figured it would go away but it didn’t and today I noticed that 2 more black lines have appeared! 

I have restarted my device by holding the button down, the lines are still there. 

I ordered the Charge 3 directly from Fitbit!        What can I do????

Whitney | Mississippi

Devices: IN USE: Versa 2 NOT IN USE:Alta HR, Flex 2, Charge 3, Versa Lite
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey there @Whitney22, it's nice to see you around here! Thanks for taking the time to restart your Charge 3, nice way to go!

Since the black lines are still showing on your display, I have reached out to our support team and created a case regarding your inquiry. Someone will be reaching out to you within the next 24-72 hours with next steps. Smiley Very Happy

Point me out if there's anything else I can do for you in the meantime. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
44 REPLIES 44

Hey there @Whitney22, it's nice to see you around here! Thanks for taking the time to restart your Charge 3, nice way to go!

Since the black lines are still showing on your display, I have reached out to our support team and created a case regarding your inquiry. Someone will be reaching out to you within the next 24-72 hours with next steps. Smiley Very Happy

Point me out if there's anything else I can do for you in the meantime. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, 

I'm experiencing the same issue. I've restarted my fitbit several times and they are still there. 

Can you advise on what to do next? 

Thanks 

Best Answer

Welcome here @ShakonautSorry to hear you've experienced the same inconvenience with your Charge 3. Thanks for restarting your tracker!

I went ahead and created a case for you with our Support team. Someone will reach out to you soon to offer their assistance. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this account.

Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit Thank you very much for your help!!      My device is still under warranty so I will be receiving a replacement tracker very soon!  You and the Fitbit Team have been very helpful; keep up the good work!!Smiley Happy

Whitney | Mississippi

Devices: IN USE: Versa 2 NOT IN USE:Alta HR, Flex 2, Charge 3, Versa Lite
Best Answer
0 Votes

Music to my ears @Whitney22! I'm very glad to hear that you're receiving a replacement very soon! Hope you keep enjoying your tracker. Smiley Very Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m experiencing the same issue. It has occurred after I’ve had to reset my Fitbit a few times due to a blank screen. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello! Good day! 

I am experiencing the same thing just 2 days ago. It just suddenly appeared in my charge 3. I just bought this on 19.01.19. lines seems to be appearing in the top of my device. I have tried to restart my charge 3 twice already and I also tried to change the clock faces and placed my device in charge mode but still is showing the lines. 

It is a bit bothering cause it seems to be getting worse it's almost hitting half the screen. 

Hope to hear from you soon!

Best Answer

I am experiencing the same issue. It previously went away when I changed the clock face, but not this time. I have also restarted with no luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here. Probably started a week ago. Tried different clocks, reboots etc. They appear to be dead rows of pixels since they are there (not there) on any screen. A bad batch of LCDs during manufacturing perhaps? So I guess I'll be contacting Fitbit for a replacement.

Update 3/7/19: It seems to be getting worse every week. Now almost a quarter of the screen from the top has missing pixel lines. Anyway, I got a brand new in-box replacement a couple days ago but haven't turned it on yet - THANKS Fitbit! When the replacement order was placed a couple weeks ago, I got an email that says send the defective one back, and another email after that which says dispose as e-waste. What to do?

Update 3/19/19: The new replacement is working just fine. No issues setting up. No missing pixel lines. Vibrate motor seems stronger. Also seems to be more responsive. Happy with the resolution. Thanks Fitbit!

Best Answer

I’m having same issue only bought it on 20th January 2019

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MarreFitbit 

Hope you are doing great, I am having 2 dark lines at the top of my Fitbit charge 3 which I purchased on 16th of February. I have tried all of the workarounds you have suggested in this thread but no luck.

Lines are not going,I have seen them today for the first time, can you please guide on what to do next?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Sameemir and @Ace.Marion! Thanks for taking the time to restart your Charge 3 in order to solve the issue with the screen. I have reached out to our support team and created a case regarding your inquiry. Someone will be reaching out to you within the next 24-72 hours with next steps. Point me out if there's anything else I can do for you in the meantime. 

Hey there @Tomc_89@Bendido@LetoJr, and @Tilly1706! I also appreciate you've troubleshooted this issue with your devices. I was about to create a support case on your behalf, but I saw that all of you got in touch with our Customer Support Team after posting here. Glad to hear they were able to help!

Hope you have a great day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

I have the same problem. Bought my fitbit 2 weeks ago and suddenly lines appear on the screen. First it was one and now there are more. 

Can you please help?

Rosalie

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @Rosalie881, it's nice to have a new member here! Sorry to hear some lines appeared on the Charge 3's screen. I was wondering if you've tried restarting your device? If not yet, please follow these steps:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. 
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Let me know if the restart works, I'll be around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I have the same issue with my Fitbit Charge 3, which I purchased Nov 1/18. It started out with one black line and I have restarted the device but that did not fix the problem. Now there are two black lines.

Please let me know how this can be fixed.

Thanks,

Kat B.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I’m having the same problem with my Fitbit charge 3. I’ve restarted several times to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board guys, it's nice to see you around here! 

Hey @trinica! Thanks so much for taking the time to troubleshoot the issue with your Charge 3's screen. I went ahead and created a case for you with our Support Team. Someone will reach out to you soon to offer their assistance. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this account.

Hello @LauraB80I was about to create a support case on your behalf, but I've seen you contacted our Support Team after posting here and that they have helped you with this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for updates. 

Let me know if there's any questions present. I'll be around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is having the same issues. Could someone help me? I got it 2 weeks ago.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I got in touch with Fitbit through help. They talked me through another restart and a full restart. This unfortunately didn’t help in any way. Im expecting a replacement tomorrow. They’re very helpful advisors. Just click on the help at the very bottom of the Fitbit page

Best Answer
0 Votes