Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 has stopped vibrating

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 3 has stopped vibrating for all notifications. I've checked all settings on my Fitbit and phone and all is set correctly but still no vibration!!!

unhappy 😢

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
175 REPLIES 175

What worked for me and several other people is to go into the “Timers” feature on your Charge 3 and set the ‘Countdown’ to a couple seconds.  When the countdown is complete, tap the screen of your Charge 3 really hard (it took me many tries because I did not tap it hard enough at first).  The vibration feature is likely stuck, and tapping it while the Fitbit is trying to vibrate at the end of the countdown timer seems to help free up the vibration device inside the Fitbit.  Apparently it is also important to go into ‘Settings’ and make sure that in ‘Sleep Mode’, sleep mode is turned off and schedule is turned off.  Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
This is exactly what I had to do after exhausting all other things to try. It worked!!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Great!! Nice to hear!

Best Answer

@ChrPreece Nice to see you around and thank for your great input! 

@Xrayrox Glad to hear that the instructions provided by @ChrPreece, worked for you. @erikannie I hope those instructions can also help. Otherwise, take into consideration that you can also contact our Support Team if you still need further assistance. 

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This did not fix it for me. Followed all Fitbit suggestions. Now it still won't vibrate and all Fitbit will do is push me to buy another one with a coupon. This should have a longer life than a year. Shameful.

Best Answer

Hello @f1tb1tprobs. It's nice to see you around. 

I appreciate your help in following the suggested troubleshooting steps. I was able to see that you reached out to our Support Team and they have provided information and assistance. If you still have additional questions or inquiries, you can let them know and they will be glad to continue assisting you. 

On a side note, please note that replacement devices are provided for products that are within the warranty period. If your original Charge 3 is no longer under warranty a discount could be an available option but some conditions and requirements should be met. For more information about our warranty policy, I recommend visiting the following link: https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/legal/returns-and-warranty

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WilsonFitbit This problem started months ago - not sure exactly when, but possibly when under warranty. I did not contact Fitbit at the time because it resolved at the time. Now it doesn't work at all. Based on this, Fitbit should cover this since the problem may have begun when under warranty. Your product should last longer than a year. This is a heavily discussed problem in your Fitbit community. 

Best Answer

Agreed. The ironic thing is I've seen moderators suggest various ways to reset, i.e. how long to hold down the button, but the first thing you're waiting for is...it to vibrate. Yet, it not vibrating is why I'm on this forum scrolling through hundreds of comments about how these watched stop vibrating after a while. So, not I didn't count 7 vibrations...I counted zero. I've tapped my fitbit after a 1 second countdown and felt a split second vibration but still doesn't work long term. I've tapped it so hard and repeatedly my finger starts hurting, but try the countdown again and no vibration. Of course my Charge 3 is out of warranty and not sure why I'd try another one. Between this thread and the multiple threads on screen dimming, have to wonder about the quality of these products.

Best Answer

Have you tried this:

Go to the settings on the Charge 3 itself, scroll down to sleep mode and press. Make sure both items are set to Off. This fixed my issue.

And make sure don't disturb is off.

This fixed my problem.

:

Best Answer

Hello @jkboldt. Welcome to the community forums. @f1tb1tprobs Thanks for your reply. 

@f1tb1tprobs, @jkboldt I understand how you are feeling and appreciate the feedback provided and please note that our team is always working to enhance your experience and your feedback is a big part of that process. 

@f1tb1tprobs I was able to see that you were in touch with our Support Team and they provided information and assistance. I'd like to let you know that if you want to provide additional information or you would like to give some comments, you can reply back to your case and our team will be able to continue assisting you. 

@jkboldt If you haven't contacted our Support Team, please note that you can click here to get connected, but Phone wait times are longer than normal, so I recommend initiating a chat.  

@erikannie Thank you for your great input. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Setting the sleep mode to off has fixed my Fitbit after 12 months! Follow this suggestion and vibrate and turning on with a wrist flick as well.

Try setting sleep mode and do not disturb to off it worked for me after 12 months of trying to work it out.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MarkeBoy. Welcome to the community forums! 

Thank you for your input and I'm glad to hear that turning off sleep and do not disturb mode worked for you. I hope you can continue tracking towards your fitness goals. 

See you around. 

Best Answer

I’ve had the same problem with the vibration. I’ve checked all the settings on my phone and the Fitbit, restarted a couple of times, but still no luck. Any other tricks I can try?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s the sleep mode on the fit bit, make sure it’s set to off and schedule too. Sorted mine after 12 months of no vibration. 

Best Answer

Hello @Coreneamelia. Welcome to the community forums! @MarkeBoy Thank you for your reply and for your input!

@Coreneamelia Thank you for the information and for the steps you've followed prior to posting. If turning off DND or Sleep mode didn't work, I recommend contacting our Support Team for further assistance. Note that you can contact them through chat or over the phone, but phone wait times have been longer than normal, so I recommend initiating a chat. Click here to get connected. 

Please make sure to provide a brief explanation of the inconvenience and mention the troubleshooting steps you've followed, this way they can assist you from there. 

See you around. 

Best Answer

Same with me 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Aadhya16. Welcome to the community forums!

Thank you for the information. If the suggested troubleshooting steps in this thread haven't helped, I recommend getting in touch with our Support Team. As mentioned on a post above, you can contact them through chat or over the phone, but phone wait times have been longer than normal, so I recommend initiating a chat. Click here to get connected. 

See you around. 

Best Answer

@WilsonFitbit again, please stop deleting my posts. The core question I bring up is: Is Fitbit going to recall the Charge 3 for its known vibration defect?

Best Answer

@f1tb1tprobs Regarding your question, we don't have information available about a recall program for the Charge 3. Our warranty currently provides replacements for products within the warranty period. If your original Charge 3 is no longer under warranty a discount could be an available option but some conditions and requirements should be met. For more information, please check: https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/legal/returns-and-warranty.

On a side note, I noticed that you contacted our Support Team before and they provided information and assistance. If you still require further assistance or if you have any other inquiries, please reply back to your case and they will be glad to continue assisting you. 

Lastly, thank you for helping us to keep these forums as a welcoming and constructive place for all members. If you have any questions about moderation practice, please note that I will be happy to answer those questions. Thank you for your understanding. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

My fitbit also stopped vibrating a while back, I've tried the reset and updated the software today and it's still not vibrating... any suggestions?

Thanks, 

Claire

Best Answer
0 Votes