Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 has white lines across the display

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I think there's an actual issue with my fitbit but thought I'd post in here to see if anyone else was experiencing a similar issue. 

I bought my charge 3 just under two weeks ago. Last Friday, I noticed my screen looked faded and had white lines running through it. I have tried to reset it three times as generally suggested with no such luck. 

I haven't damaged it in any way and I've continued to wear it in the shower as I wasn't concerned due to it being waterproof. The day the faded screen/lines appeared was when the battery was very low - but that's the only thing I can think of and surely a low battery should'nt lead to this? 

Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated before I have to take it back. I've tried to add a picture to this thread but can't for some reason. 

Many Thanks

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Dragoness19, it's nice to see a new member around.

Thanks for letting me know about your Charge 3 behavior. Since you mentioned that the sync cable connection seems loose, do you mean that your device isn't always syncing with your phone? If so, may I know the model of your phone?

In the meantime, to fix the display issues, please try restarting your device with the following steps:

1. Plug the charging cable into a USB port from a computer or a UL-certified adapter into the wall.

2. Clip the other end on your Charge 3 making sure the button aligns with the little opening.

3. Hold the button for 8 seconds and a smiley face icon should be displayed.

Let me know how it goes. Robot Happy

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
917 REPLIES 917

@Kellypops Thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear about the white lines you noticed on your Charge 3 screen. Thank you for taking the time to restart your tracker before contacting our forums. I'd like you to try one more workaround recommended for this issue:

- Sync their device.

- Open the Settings app on your device, tap "About". Finally, "Clear User Data".

After this, check out your tracker and see if the issue gets fixed.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

@JuanJoFitbit I received my Charge 3 today and since I set it up i've had the white line thru the face displace. I've rebooted 5x and cleared user data twice and the line is still there. Is there anything else I can do? 

Best Answer

@CindyLouWhoDat Thank you for getting back! I'm sorry to hear that your new Charge 3 is also showing a white line across the display, even though you have restarted your tracker several times. I was able to get in touch with our Support team and told me that they assisted you via email recently. Please let me know if they provided a solution.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Hi there, 

I have the same issue. First time out of package and I have these white lines.

Is there something I can do? 

Best Answer

@Sandrina_d Thank you for joining us in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Charge 3 is also showing white lines on the display. If you haven't done so, please restart your tracker as described in this help article. This will refresh your tracker internally.

Once you've restarted your Charge 3, check out if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

I followed the instructions but unfortunately it didn't work, the stripes are still there. Do you have another solution? 

Thanks

Sandrina

Best Answer

@Sandrina_d Thank you for getting back and trying the restart process. Since the issue persists, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution.You will receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received my fitbit charge 3 hr as a Christmas gift only a few weeks ago and I've noticed multiple broken lines the entire height/length of the clock appearing accross the clock face. 

I've tried restarting the watch, clearing data, uninstalling, re-installing with no luck. 

Does anybody have any ideas on vow to fix this? 

Best Answer

@CushlaH Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear about the lines that are showing on your Charge 3. Since the issue persists even after you troubleshooted this issue, I'll send your case to our Customer Support team and they'll be happy to follow up.

Please keep an eye on your email account.

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Thanks for your response and help with escalating my problem. 

I have since returned the watch to the store I purchased it from and they are happy to replace it with a new one. 

Problem solved. 

Regards 

Cushla

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 3 is having the same issue.  I have done all the trouble shooting items suggested as well and it has not remedied the problem.  What is the next step?

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem. I have been in touch via phone but problem still not resolved. Tried reset but nothing? 

Best Answer

My charge 3 just did the same thing with the white lines on the screen.  I have tried the reset and clear data with no success. Has a solution to this problem been found?

Best Answer

I had a horizontal black (unlit) line through the screen when I first got mine.  Changing the clock face a couple of times fixed it.  Might do the same with the white lines.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just started having the same issue. White lines through the display. Tried rebooting it. The screen itself still works I can still swipe through my data, just have whites lines through the display. Is there anything else i can try? 

Best Answer

I too have white lines through the screen on my Charge 3. Have tried all fixes you have suggested. Please advise of my next step

Best Answer
Have you just got the Fitbit? Mine fixed itself within a day

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

No, had it a month or so and these lines appeared 4-5 days ago 😞

Best Answer

Hi @JuanJoFitbit - I'm having the exact same issue with my FitBit Charge 3. I just bought it in January 2019, and last night these white vertical stripes are on the screen. It was fine yesterday. I already rebooted it twice with no success. Can you please have someone reach out to help me? Thanks. ~ Krista

Best Answer