Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 has white lines across the display

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I think there's an actual issue with my fitbit but thought I'd post in here to see if anyone else was experiencing a similar issue. 

I bought my charge 3 just under two weeks ago. Last Friday, I noticed my screen looked faded and had white lines running through it. I have tried to reset it three times as generally suggested with no such luck. 

I haven't damaged it in any way and I've continued to wear it in the shower as I wasn't concerned due to it being waterproof. The day the faded screen/lines appeared was when the battery was very low - but that's the only thing I can think of and surely a low battery should'nt lead to this? 

Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated before I have to take it back. I've tried to add a picture to this thread but can't for some reason. 

Many Thanks

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
917 REPLIES 917

Mine also has that issue but I called fitbit and they are shipping me another one .

Best Answer

Just call fitbit and let them know . they will ask you to send a picture and ship you another one 

Best Answer

My Charge3 ran out of battery while I was calling. I have restarted device multiple times, synced, tried changing the clock face a few times. It has been 24 hours and the lines are still there. The white lines disappeared for a few minutes after clock face changes, but I could not scroll or use any features from my watch. White lines reappeared within 5 minutes.

Best Answer

Hi @cecypdel. It's nice to see you around. @Jobeer, @StellasC3FB, @Fitbodymind1991 and @Mariel77. Welcome to the Community Forums.

@cecypdel and @Mariel77 thank a million for trying all the available steps on your Charge 3 devices. You're amazing! Since the issue persists, I've gone ahead and requested a case for you. Keep an eye on your inbox, you should be getting a reply soon.

@Jobeer, I'm glad to hear that you've enjoyed the experience with your device. @StellasC3FB, thanks for joining the conversation. I appreciate the troubleshooting steps that you've tried to get your devices working again. I've checked with our Support Team and apparently they already took your case under their wings. Please keep an eye on your email inbox, you'll get some information about your case.

@Fitbodymind1991, thanks for stopping by and sharing your experience with our team. You shared a great advise, and I'm sure others think the same.

Keep me posted. Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer

My Fitbit has the same lines making it hard to read.  I have tried the restart and changing the clock faces.  The lines are still there.  I purchased my Fitbit in November,  Can you please start a case for me too? Thank you.  

Best Answer

@Exercise2live it's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! Since your Charge 3 is still showing lines across the screen even after restarting it and changing the clock face, I'll send your case to our Customer Support team and they'll be happy to follow up and assist you accordingly.

Please keep an eye on your email account.

Let me know if you have any questions! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

Hi @JuanJoFitbit ,

I am a Fitbit owner in Germany and also just had the lines popping up on my display.

I tried the restart as described in the beginning of the thread 3 times.

How do I go about getting my Fitbit Charge 3 replaced?

Best Answer

I agree and its seem like if not one thing it's another. I started with black scream, to dim to read, and now the line. I give it up and don't know what to do. I do want to get a different fitbit but don't know which one.

Best Answer

Thanks for the help! I received my replacement Fitbit on Saturday and it was just in time. I couldn't find a watch face that I could read. Thanks again ☺️

Best Answer

Hi there, my fitbit as well is having the white lines issue and ive had this for half a year and I'm extremely upset since i use my fitbit everyday i went to take it off charge and this appeared would you be able to start a case for me as well?

Best Answer

My watch arrives on Tuesday . Unfortunately my watch that had lines no longer works . but I'm excited for the other one to arrive 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue, it stared yesterday, bought it in November 2018...

Best Answer

Hi, Ingineru:
It sounds like Fitbit is going to shop elsewhere for their chips (:.
This problem is appearing often. Fitbit was awesome in replacing my
defective Charge 3. I showed them proof of purchase and a picture of the
problem.....as well as performing a long start up for the support team
beforehand.
Good luck. I would work with our moderator and and Fitbit Support.
Robin

--

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer

This started on my Charge 3 this morning.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Blackpriester@amysheikh and @GettingWiser, welcome to the Community Forums. @Live4today, @Minime74, @Fitbodymind1991, @Ingineru and @rnkeller, it's nice to see you around.

@Blackpriester, thanks for letting me know about your Charge 3, as well fro your efforts while trying the restart. You did a great job! Just to confirm, have you also tried changing the clock face and performing a long restart with the steps that were posted by @JuanJoFitbit?

@Live4today, thanks for sharing about your Charge 3, as well for your interest in our other products. After checking with our team, it seems that there is a case already open for you and they'll provide you with more details via email. About our other products, I'd recommend to check our compare page where you can see the features that every device has.

@Minime74 and @Fitbodymind1991, thanks for the update, and I'm glad that you'll soon be back with your replacement devices. I'm sure you'll reach many steps with these ones!

@amysheikh and @Ingineru, thanks for bringing this to my attention. I see where are you coming from, and I'm sorry that you've had this experience. I've checked with our Support Team and apparently they already took your case under their wings. Please keep an eye on your email inbox, you'll get some information about your case.

@rnkeller, thanks for stopping by and share your feedback. I'm glad that you were able to receive a replacement device. I'm sure others will find your post very helpful!

@GettingWiser, thanks for joining the conversation. If you've not done so, I'd recommend to try a regular restart and change the clock face in the Fitbit app. If the lines are still on the screen, perform a long restart on your Charge 3.

Keep me posted. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done all of the suggested steps multiple times.  Nothing works.  

Best Answer

Contact customer support, through the Fitbit app. They reply really fast & they’ll send you a new one.👍

Best Answer

Why did the following steps and the 🙂 appeared however the white pine did as well

Best Answer

This did not work.

Best Answer
I did all that was suggested to do and the line is just worst. I also had other issue. I had enough and called yesterday. I am getting a replacement. Of course they will do what you have done to make sure the cover everything. We will see how the new one works when I get it. Good luck with yours
Best Answer