Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 has white lines across the display

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I think there's an actual issue with my fitbit but thought I'd post in here to see if anyone else was experiencing a similar issue. 

I bought my charge 3 just under two weeks ago. Last Friday, I noticed my screen looked faded and had white lines running through it. I have tried to reset it three times as generally suggested with no such luck. 

I haven't damaged it in any way and I've continued to wear it in the shower as I wasn't concerned due to it being waterproof. The day the faded screen/lines appeared was when the battery was very low - but that's the only thing I can think of and surely a low battery should'nt lead to this? 

Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated before I have to take it back. I've tried to add a picture to this thread but can't for some reason. 

Many Thanks

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
917 REPLIES 917
I’m not a hundred percent sure on this but I think because it’s faulty you don’t need a receipt, I didn’t have mine but I did take the bank statement showing the date I bought it

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this issue too. I have restarted and rebooted several times and tried the advice above. Nothing has worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just called fitbit and they sent me a new one . No hassle. And so far so good ...it was a good experience with Fitbit customer service!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

As mine was less than 3 months old I took it along with proof of purchase to the store I bought it from and they exchanged it. So far no issues with the replacement one. If you're able to I recommend this as nothing else worked for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It still has the white lines on it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Take it back to where you bought it they will replace as it is faulty

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have an issue with white lines across the face. I’ve done all the things recommended - rebooted, resync, updated app, changed clock face - and still no help. However, my husband bought this for me in Heathrow Duty Free (Terminal 5) but we live in Singapore. May I know what I can do please? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Get in touch with fitbit they know there is a problem and should be willing to replace it for you

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah My old charge 3 did the same but I do not think you can fix it.

I exchanged mine at the store

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this issue previously and I am living in sg too I think u can contact fitbit support in email 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fit bit asked me to return it and they will let me know if they can fix it or send me a replacement. I’m concerned that it will be a used watch. I do not want a used watch and will not use or accept it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
If they replace it I am pretty sure it will be brand new because it is faulty.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issues ive followed everything u said and i still have lines down the screen.these have appeared whilest on charge

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have white lines though my display too. They just showed up this evening. It makes the display look cloudy. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to our new members @Shellflygirl@Gailhenn@MsMike@Askhole84@Mangosyrup123@paulaq21@CushlaH@Julieramsey54@Dodgess@Sheebs2424@Julieramsey54 and @Steph99! It's nice to see you around, @Silvervixen@Sheriff1972 and @SunsetRunner.

@Shellflygirl@Gailhenn@MsMike@Askhole84@Mangosyrup123@paulaq21@CushlaH@Julieramsey54@Dodgess@Sheebs2424@Julieramsey54 and @Sheriff1972, I apologize for my delayed response, and thanks for the suggestions provided.

First of all, let me clarify that the Charge 3 was designed to be swim proof, meaning it's resistant up to 50 meters. We ask to dry it thoroughly before using it, so its sensors can record your steps and heart rate as usually and without any interference between your device and your skin.

@paulaq21 and @Steph99, I appreciate your efforts in trying some steps including the restart. I've gone ahead and requested a case, so our Support Team can give you a hand. They'll contact you via email, so keep an eye on your inbox.

@Dodgess@Shellflygirl@MsMike @SunsetRunner and @Mangosyrup123, thanks for trying our suggested steps and I was informed by our Support Team that you've reached out to them. I'm sure they'll take good care of you.

@Silvervixen@CushlaH@Sheebs2424, thanks for checking with the retailer and I'm glad you were able to get a new one. Now you'll be able to crush your steps!

@Sheriff1972@Gailhenn and @Julieramsey54, thanks for having contacted our Support Team, and I'm happy to hear that your experience with them was great, as well that you got a replacement.

@Askhole84 thanks for joining this conversation and letting me know that your devices are also experienced this behavior. I was informed that you opened a case and I'll update it with our Support Team so they can help you out.

I'll be around, so let me know the outcome!

Best Answer

I am having the same issue.  I tried all of your suggestions multiple times.  I still have fared white lines on my screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Startingover97, welcome on board!

I appreciate you for letting me know about your Charge 3 behavior, as well for trying our suggested steps. I've reached at our Support Team and they'll be contacting you via email shortly to continue helping you. Keep an eye to your inbox!

Let me know the outcome!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

yes my charge 3 has the same problem since I have done the update what can I do? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine was fine till recent update and just did this today! I've done all suggested remedies and nothing! It was a Christmas gift and now I'm sad

Best Answer
0 Votes