Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 has white lines across the display

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I think there's an actual issue with my fitbit but thought I'd post in here to see if anyone else was experiencing a similar issue. 

I bought my charge 3 just under two weeks ago. Last Friday, I noticed my screen looked faded and had white lines running through it. I have tried to reset it three times as generally suggested with no such luck. 

I haven't damaged it in any way and I've continued to wear it in the shower as I wasn't concerned due to it being waterproof. The day the faded screen/lines appeared was when the battery was very low - but that's the only thing I can think of and surely a low battery should'nt lead to this? 

Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated before I have to take it back. I've tried to add a picture to this thread but can't for some reason. 

Many Thanks

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
917 REPLIES 917

just wait until fitbit replies and if it gives you solutions of fixing your fitbit try them out but if it doesnt gets fixed then just create a case by yourself because there is like a tab although i am getting a replacement for mine so good luck with yours!

Best Answer

Hi @Briraerae. Welcome to the Community Forums! @Joggernaut, it's nice to see you around.

@Briraerae, thanks for letting me know about your Charge 3. I've checked with our Support Team and apparently they already took your case under their wings. Keep an eye on your inbox, you'll receive an email from our team soon.

@Joggernaut, thanks for stopping by to help our friend, and I'm happy to hear that you'll receive a replacement. I'm sure you'll crush your steps with your new device!

See you around! Woman Happy

Best Answer

I am deeply devastated, I have done everything recommended repeatedly and the kidneys are still there 😞 can someone please contact me (support team) and solve this? Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am deeply devastated, I have done everything recommended repeatedly and the lines  are still there 😞 can someone please contact me (support team) and solve this? Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I mean i couldnt have gotten a replacement without the fitbit team thanks fitbit!

Best Answer

Hey you should just create a case for yourself on the website although its gonna take a few hours for fitbit to reply but with patience you will be able to get replacement in a few day just like how it took me to get the replacement but its gonna ship to me in a week though

Best Answer

I tried the long restart a few times, but it didn’t work. I still have a line going through my screen. ☹️

Best Answer

I first started by posting my problem on this discussion board. I got a reply to try the long restart, which didn’t work. Then I went to my Fitbit app, I opened the account tab, scrolled down & tapped on ‘Help’, then tapped on ‘Contact Customer Support.’ I just completed this, so I’m waiting to hear back. Good Luck!👍

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, I cannot express the praise words to the Fitbit support team. Quick, competent and without unnecessary complication we have come to a solution. From my first contact with the support team 05-26-2019 05:14 to the arrival of the replacement 05-29-2019 12:55, only 3 days. Congratulations and thanks
Best Answer

I have the same issue. not fixed by resetting the watch and the clock face seems to be less responsive.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Chrissy2004 and @Krister71, welcome to the Community. @Joggernaut, @AnnaRose83 and @markodz, it's nice to hear from you.

I'm sorry for the delay in my response and thanks to all of you for your efforts in troubleshooting your devices with the suggestions posted before. You did a great job!

@Chrissy2004, I'm sorry that you've had these issues, an thanks for bringing this to my attention. @AnnaRose83, thanks for taking the time to contact our Support Team. I've checked with them and apparently they already took your case under their wings. Please keep an eye on your email inbox, you'll get some information about your case.

@Krister71, thanks for your efforts. I've been informed that you already have a case created with the Support team and they're providing you assistance with this. You should be getting a reply soon.

@Joggernaut, and @markodz, I'm so happy to hear that you had the best experience with our team. I appreciate your feedback and I'll pass it along to our team so we can keep improving our services. You guys are awesome and happy stepping!

If you need anything else, let me know. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi - I bought my Charge 3 in Dec 2018, and white lines appeared about a week ago (the screen looks almost completely white). I tried the reset process and charged the watch, but it did not help. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Contact Fitbit, they will want details and a picture. Mine was replaced.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem with my Charge 3 and I just got it a month ago. 😞 This morning I didn’t have any lines on my screen even after working out. Later this afternoon, I plugged it in to charge and it was fine but when I took it off the charger recently, there are white lines running through it. I tried to follow what was recommended in the comments but I’ve had no luck with getting rid of any of the lines. Is there anything else I can do to fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @allison2000 and @MaddieMorrow. Welcome to the Community Forums! @sept1952, I'm glad to see you here, and thanks for your great advice!

@allison2000 and @MaddieMorrow, thanks for your efforts in troubleshooting your Charge 3 devices. You did a great job. Since the lines are still on the screen, I've gone ahead and requested a case for you so our Support Team can give you a hand. You should be getting a reply soon.

Keep me posted! Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I have the same problem....I bought my Charge 3 a month ago. All was fine this morning as I check it during my way to work. When I got to work I see a white line running through the lower half of the screen. I changed the clock face, restarted from the fitbit then plugged into the charger and did the 8 second reset. Still there.

Can someone please help? I am starting to think that maybe I should see if I can return it. I bought it May 5th.

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I am having the same issue, it started after a recharge.

I have changed the clock face multiple times, and also restarted it several times.

The lines still remain.  It doesn't impair functionality, but it is running down the battery much faster than usual.

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The advice I was given, did not help sorry. It seems everyone else is
going for a replacement fitbit, I am still hoping for a solution as the
watch was a gift. Good luck, hope they get in touch soon.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello! I love google haha. I started have 3 horizontal stripes across the top a few days ago and just thought I had a dud. I got mine in March so not very long ago. Seems like this is a widespread issue though after reading all the concerns on this thread. Also sounds like Fitbit needs to maybe look at the product so that this doesn't happen much more?? I mean what company wants to keep sendind out replacements ? I've heard good things about customer service though so thats awesome! I will reach out and thank you to all who have voiced there concerns in the past ! Definitely helped me to feel not alone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @willowstar@Majic12 and @SunsetRunner. Welcome to the Community Forums. @Viv2, it's nice to see you around. 

@willowstar, thanks for letting me know about your Charge 3, as well for the troubleshooting steps that you've tried. I've checked with our Support Team and apparently they already took your case under their wings. Please keep an eye on your email inbox, you'll get some information about your case.

@Majic12, I appreciate you for sharing that your device is having the same behavior. You did a fantastic job with the troubleshooting steps and since the issue persists, I've contacted our Support Team on your behalf. They'll create a case for you and send you an email with more details.

@Viv2, thanks for joining the conversation. Since you've already a case created, I've checked your details with our team and I've been informed that they got it touch with you at that time. Could you please check your spam and junk folders? If you don't find their email, let me know so I can request them to send it again.

@SunsetRunner, thanks for letting me know that your device started to have this behavior, as well for checking what others have tried to get their devices working again. I've been informed that you already have a case created with the Support team and they're currently working with you.

See you around!

Best Answer
0 Votes