Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 heart rate not accurate

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

While fast walking (heart rate ~105), my Charge 3 shows suddenly 165, than 5 sec later 192 and even 203. After stoping the walk, it suddenly indicates 75 and than comes back to 103..... What can I do to solve that problem? Impossible to get a correct training mesure like this.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
89 REPLIES 89

Not solved at all!!!!!!!!! @MarreFitbit

Best Answer

Please Fitbit solve this problem, more and more people having issues with this and you give us the impression to not care at all by ignoring our messages, ;-( 

Best Answer

I would not bother posting here for help with actual tracker problems (maybe questions about features), just contact technical support directly. It was a bit of a process, but at least they addressed my issue....instead of marking it solved.

Best Answer

Both mine and my wife's Charge 2 were far better than our new Charge 3s. After giving Fitbit and the Charge 3s two months to start tracking more like the Charge 2, I am going to return them to Costco.

Most likely we will not go back to the Charge 2s and are considering getting some Polar trackers instead. Costs more but in this case, I guess "you get what you pay for" applies.

So disappointed in the Charge 3. Much nicer looking and outside is better designed than the Charge 2 but why wear a tracker if all it is good for is acting as a watch.

Best Answer

There are too many issues with the HR 3 and Fitbit refuses to acknowledge it. I just started having the same issue and support is telling me heart rate of 196 is normal. My cardiologist laughed and said the employees are idiots and thank goodness that wasn’t my actual heart rate! Fitbit just keeps throwing solutions at everyone but they do not work. I’m sorry I gave up my HR charge 2 as I had no issues with it. I filed a complaint with BBB.org as Fitbit refused to replace mine. Nothing but issues and I only had it 5 months.

Best Answer

Hi, 

I've had this problem for a week now. Nothing I do helps. Sometimes the screen randomly looks normal and then goes black and unresponsive again. I am not able to do resets, the tracker will not respond to it. My Charge 3 is also quite new, I've had it for about 2 months. 

Best Answer

Hi, 

• I've had this problem for a week now. Nothing I do helps. Sometimes the screen randomly looks normal and then goes black and unresponsive again. I am not able to do resets, the tracker will not respond to it. My Charge 3 is also quite new, I've had it for about 2 months. 
Best Answer

If Fitbit continues working like this, they can soon stop totally, because they will loose major part of their users to other brands that do not sleep this way. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Inaccurate HR is one of TWO major (MAJOR) problems I experience w/ the Charge 3 (first being a problem syncing in the morning to check on sleep). With HR, the Charge 3 shows a MUCH higher HR than I am actually experiencing during exercise. Using the HR monitor on a stationary bike at the gym, cross-checked by actually taking my pulse manually during exercise, the Charge 3 consistently shows a HR that is 60-70 bpm higher than my actual HR. Doesn’t matter which wrist I use or how Tight/loose the strap is fastened. Pretty much sucks at showing HR - which is supposed to be  MAJOR feature of the device. Hope Fitbit improves this device before it loses so many customers that it goes belly up. 

Best Answer

Yes, I totaly agree with this.

I sent the clams many time to customer service,but they did not understand this problem.

Best Answer

I still use the Charge 2. I have this problem but it's always temporary. HR jumps from, say, 115 while walking to 135 suddenly but after 10-20 secs it resolves back down. It's just how the product is. Unless they use some higher powered reader tech for HR this is what you get. It's said to be 95% accurate over a 24 hr period so you should be okay with just small hiccups now and then. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. As someone who has an EF of 30 it's why I bought the Charge 3. Really unsettling to see it shoot up to 209 for no reason. I get shocked at 220.

Best Answer
As I had posted earlier in this thread, while this blog is pretty worthless
as far as diagnosing the HR issues, technical support was responsive and
replaced my unit.

I train with an ANT+ HR chest strap unit as well (Garmin), as it is easily
read by other devices I use. So far, the replacement Charge 3 has been
pretty consistent with my ANT+ HR unit, which is to say they are both
reporting my HR accurately.

Contrary to what some people have posted, the heart rate spikes by the
Charge 3 are definitely NOT normal, you should speak with technical support
directly about the issue.

Note: if you can, it always helps if you have another accurate HR source to
compare to, when speaking with technical support.
Best Answer

Here's the review I posted on Amazon, where I bought my Charge 3, today (8/25/19)

DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT
For Christmas in 2017 my wife bought a Fitbit Charge 2 for me since I had mentioned to her that I would like a pulse monitor. On using it I found that the pulse count seemed right except during exercise when most needed. With an elevated pulse it was grossly inaccurate, overstating my pulse by more than 50%. I measured it to compare with the monitors in the exercise equipment at my gym and by counting my pulse manually.
I thought the Charge 2 was inaccurate because I had whacked it against a door frame and cracked the crystal. I continued to use it because it seemed accurate except during exercise and I liked the other features. I was able to monitor my pulse while working out with several different exercise bikes and elliptical machines. The count on the Fitbit was consistently wrong.
A bit over a month ago before leaving for an extended trip I got a Fitbit Charge 3 because I really did like the features on the Charge 2 that actually worked. After I returned I began to use the Charge 3 and found that it also had the same pulse monitor inaccuracy as the Fitbit 2 and now, last straw, the display doesn't turn on when moved to the viewing position.
I'm three days past the return window. So $300+ out of pocket and much frustration later I still don't have the simple pulse monitor I originally needed for use when not exercising with equipment which has a monitor built in. I don't like giving negative reviews, especially on something that could have been a great product, but this one's deserved.

Best Answer

Here's the review I posted on Amazon, where I bought my Charge 3, today (8/25/19)

DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT
For Christmas in 2017 my wife bought a Fitbit Charge 2 for me since I had mentioned to her that I would like a pulse monitor. On using it I found that the pulse count seemed right except during exercise when most needed. With an elevated pulse it was grossly inaccurate, overstating my pulse by more than 50%. I measured it to compare with the monitors in the exercise equipment at my gym and by counting my pulse manually.
I thought the Charge 2 was inaccurate because I had whacked it against a door frame and cracked the crystal. I continued to use it because it seemed accurate except during exercise and I liked the other features. I was able to monitor my pulse while working out with several different exercise bikes and elliptical machines. The count on the Fitbit was consistently wrong.
A bit over a month ago before leaving for an extended trip I got a Fitbit Charge 3 because I really did like the features on the Charge 2 that actually worked. After I returned I began to use the Charge 3 and found that it also had the same pulse monitor inaccuracy as the Fitbit 2 and now, last straw, the display doesn't turn on when moved to the viewing position.
I'm three days past the return window. So $300+ out of pocket and much frustration later I still don't have the simple pulse monitor I originally needed for use when not exercising with equipment which has a monitor built in. I don't like giving negative reviews, especially on something that could have been a great product, but this one's deserved.

I really wanted to like this product but am at the end of my patience.

Best Answer

I switched to Apple Watch 4 and I love it. Very accurate!
--
*May your day be filled with many blessings.*

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Yes, Apple Watch is a good solution, but the capacity of the battery is too low... charging it every day is not so fine. I use it only in some situations. For sport and fitness I changed now to the Garmin Fenix 5S and I am very satisfied with it. Fitbit is definitely finished for me, as they changed, that you can not use a Ionic and a Charge3 (or Versa) on the same account anymore. They told me, to make a second account.... Imagine that.. 🤦🏻‍:female_sign:

Best Answer
Thank you for the information. I'm still trying to make the Charge 3 work since I can't send it back. I saw some nice looking Apple watch knockoffs on Amazon in the $50-$60 range and the reviews were surprisingly positive. I may try one of those if I have to toss the Charge 3. The Apple watch is nice and I'm sure it works well but I don't want to spend that much.
Best Answer

My husband and I both have a Charge 3. After 3 months I noticed my HR jumping from 60's to 90's just sitting. A couple months later, he did too. If I Reboot Device, it immediately goes back to the 60's. We never had the issue with our Charge 2. When it dies, we'll be checking out alternatives

Best Answer

Wow what a surprise that people are still posting to this "solved" issue.

This was my experience and resolution to the Charge 3 issue.

Never heard from support. I returned both charge 3s, guy at Costco said they have been getting a lot of them back. They didn't even bother to check the boxes. Currently just using our Apple Watch 4s, not going to start using the charge 2s that we have.

Those duped into getting a Charge 3, need to understand that this HR issue is not new. I had the issue back in January. After a few weeks of hoping FitBit would send a firmware update or something. I gave up and moved on.

I recommend to everyone here to do the same MOVE ON. IT IS OVER!

MOVE ON TO ANOTHER TRACKER!!!! FitBit certainly has. 😞

Best Answer