Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 hourly activity not matching with Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

First week with this charge 3 and two days the watch has displayed 12 out of 12 for the 250+ steps in a hour taken, but the app will say that I missed an hour. So it makes me wonder how even more off the steps are on this thing. Not the end of the world, but a bit annoying when my charge 2 worked completely fine for this (and everything else for that matter. Because there are certainly a lot more glitches to this thing that needs to be worked out.)

This happen to anyone else?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

Hey there @thesmallprint, it's nice to see you around! If the hourly step goal on your Charge 3 doesn't match with the Fitbit app  and Fitbit.com dashboard, after you sync, let's try the following:

- Restart your Charge 3

- Log out/log in to your Fitbit account to refresh the data

- Force sync it on your Fitbit app and Fitbit.com Dashboard 

Test your trackers today and let me know tomorrow if your trackers and hourly activity goal match! Woman Very Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Same issue. Suggestions above don’t help. Fitbit doesn’t care that it’s products don’t work. Search of forums show multiple users experiencing this problem and suggested “solutions” to restart and resync don’t help. Calling support was even more useless. 

Best Answer

Hey there @sbTX, thanks for jumping in here! I've seen your support case and also saw that as you were told, your case is already on the lists of our customers who are having the same issue. Our team are working hard to fix the issue as soon as possible.

Your patience and understanding is truly appreciated! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue. My Charge 3 says I’ve hit all of my hourly goals so far today, yet my app says I missed the first. It happened Wednesday as we. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @AidanKosterThanks for letting us know about the issue you are experiencing with your hourly activity goal.

We are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible, sorry for any inconvenience it's caused and appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let me know if there's anything I may do to assist you in the meantime. Robot Happy

Best Answer

Yes frustrating. I got 9 out of 10 today and the app will not sync more than 4.  That's crap because  I had 168 active mins today so there is no possible way I only had 250 4x today.  I have 15157 steps.  Everything else synced but steps per hour.  WTH 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @LionQueen63! I totally understand where your concern is coming from. As mentioned above, we are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible.

We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. Have a nice day!

Best Answer

Same thing happening with my Ionic. Restart resync reloads everything but the hourly move count. Waiting for a resolve. 

Best Answer

Same here! I have a new Fitbit Charge 3 and hourly step goals are shown on my watch but do not reflect on the app. Can Fitbit confirm if there is a solution for this soon? Is this only with the Charge 3? If so, what can Fitbit do to help correct this problem? Exchange for another watch that works properly? This is frustrating and would like to have it working properly as what I expected when purchased.

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same thing. I have signed out uninstall and reinstall the app I have done everything and it's still not showing that one hour is missing

Best Answer

I am having the same issue described and none of the fixes suggested above have helped.  Fitbit Charge 3 correctly shows that I have met my activity goal but the app dashboard shows that I missed an hour when I know for sure I did not.  This is the second time this has happened.  Is it because I am not near my phone during that period of time?

Best Answer

Same problem here. Tried all the suggested solutions. Active hours is correct on the app and fitbit.com, but not on the device itself (only showing 4 out of 13 even thought I have 13 out of 13).

Best Answer

I have the same issue. I've tried all of the fixes previously mentioned. Looking forward to the fix.

@thesmallprint wrote:

First week with this charge 3 and two days the watch has displayed 12 out of 12 for the 250+ steps in a hour taken, but the app will say that I missed an hour. So it makes me wonder how even more off the steps are on this thing. Not the end of the world, but a bit annoying when my charge 2 worked completely fine for this (and everything else for that matter. Because there are certainly a lot more glitches to this thing that needs to be worked out.)

This happen to anyone else?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem. App says I have 8 out of 14 but Charge 3 says 2 out of 14. I have restarted the Charge 3 times and app. I hope there is a fix.

Best Answer

FYI, for those still frustrated by the lack of support from Fitbit, the only thing I have found to help is to turn off All Day Syncing. If I turn that off and only sync by manually opening the app, I don’t see this problem.

why they have a feature (all day syncing) that doesn’t work and breaks things and they won’t fix is beyond me. Not impressed by Fitbit products or their lack of support anymore. 

Best Answer

My Charge 3 did the same and none of the above worked, On my fitbit it says I was active for 14 out of 14  but my app says it was 12 out of 14 

Best Answer

I’ve had my Fitbit 3 since last October.  Yesterday, the Fitbit has one more hour than the app, while today, the app has one more hour than the Fitbit!  First time I’ve seen this

271AF49B-9235-4907-BD9E-07B41B7B8327.png

7A5F98C1-E95F-42B2-99CB-63DD0A421FD2.jpeg

CAB48914-A53B-41B4-A7B8-42CC7A34DF86.png

DA3499CE-F110-4803-B15B-BA7B31BF8418.jpeg

Best Answer

I am having this same issue with my charge 3. 

Additionally, ever since the latest iOS and Fitbit updates, I am not longer receiving text alerts to my Fitbit. I receive all other notifications (usually).

I have been through all the forums and tried ALL the workarounds.

Best Answer

Same problem here. It’s been a year since the original post. Fitbit, is there any real fix to this yet?!

Best Answer