Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 inaccurate sleep tracking issue

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have the Charge 3. I question the accuracy of the Sleep Tracker. For a while, I stopped wearing the FitBit at night, but resumed wearing it and started tracking sleep again last week.   The other night, I was awake playing games on my cell phone until 11:15 pm, yet the Sleep Tracker shows me in a deep sleep shortly after 10:00 pm. I didn't actually fall asleep until after 1:00am that night. It also shows me sleeping over 8 hours a night, which I know is NOT happening. Is anyone else having this issue?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Sleepless2020, welcome to our Fitbit Community. I totally understand how you feel about the inaccurate sleep tracking issue that your Charge 3 has experienced.

I'd like you to restart your Charge 3 as described in this help article. After this, check out this help page, which explains how your Fitbit device tracks your sleep.

Finally, monitor your tracker and see if it provides accurate sleep data.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried to restart the Fitbit as you suggested, but there was no setting option while on my wrist. I tried to go through settings on the app- no luck. I looked in the manual and just can’t figure out how to use this. I tried to restart it while plugged into a USB plug. Now it doesn’t come on when I twist my wrist or tap it, and it is very dim. As much as I loved my original fit bit- I really don’t like the Charge 3... which is probably why I stopped wearing it- more trouble than it is worth.

Frustrated and disappointed...

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Sleepless2020, thank you for trying the restart process. I totally understand how frustrated you feel about this. I'd like you to try one more workaround that has been helpful for this type of issues. Please try a long restart. To do so on your device, follow the steps below:

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.
  8. Set up your tracker from scratch.

After this, keep monitoring your Charge 3 and see if the sleep tracking issue gets fixed.

Let me know how it goes.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately, this did not work either. I had a chat with tech support. The tracker is not functioning properly. I got it in July of 2019, wore it for a couple months, didn’t like it. I tried again in September/October and didn’t like it again. It was packed away and decided to give it a try again last week. The battery charged with no issue and all seemed ok, except the accuracy of the sleep tracker. However, now that I’ve tried to restart it, nothing is working properly. It is very dim and the screen will only come on if I push the button. It does not activate with motion or tapping. Someone from tech is supposed to e-mail me with options. I have a device that looks like new that doesn’t work!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes