Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 is constantly vibrating and screen going on and off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All of a sudden the Fitbit keeps vibrating then the screen keeps switching between click face and the notification screen. Had to take it off. The charge is at 42% so it’s not battery life.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
606 REPLIES 606

Charge 3 cycles between clock face and notifications face. Does not reset. Continues until battery depleted.

Best Answer
Yes, this is exactly what my fitbit is doing. Do you know how to fix it?
Best Answer

Hey there @Lyndaly  and @NSteven (Welcome to the Community Forums!) Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Also, thanks for already trying to restart your Charge 3.

Since the restart did not work, I'd suggest to restart Charge 3 using the 15-second method: 

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

Give this a shot and let me know how it goes. Keep me posted, I'll be around! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
Hi
I have tried this but it didn’t work sadly.

My husband only brought this for me in January. Do you know how I go about getting it replaced. He brought it from the main Fitbit site and the order number was 3TS94551TB464613V and purchased 9 Jan

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi there @Lyndaly, thanks for coming back and for trying the recommendation provided! 😉

I went ahead and created a case for you with our Support Team. Someone will reach out to you soon to offer their assistance. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this account.

Please let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist in the meantime. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Many thanks for your help.  I have received the email and provided the relevant details.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No effect whatsoever. Device vibrated, displayed several faces ( smiley,
solid bar, switched between Tim was and notifications) and then settled
back into cycling between clock face and notifications. Have had several
earlier versions without problems. Device is about seven months old. Any
other suggestion welcome. Thanks

I am at a loss on whet to do with this. Toying with an 8oz. Hammer, but
will hold off for noe.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Great @Lyndaly! 😊 I'm glad to hear you have received support from our team already. 

Hello there @NSteven, thanks for stopping by! I'd like to confirm you followed every single steps provide below to properly restart your device:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. 
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

If the restart doesn't work, please try changing the clock face to a different one to see if this brings back the display to work properly. As long as your tracker syncs (you can check this on the app) you can change the clock face even if the screen frozen or stuck. 

I'm looking forward to your response.

Best Answer

Mine is doing this too.  Did you ever figure out how to fix it?

Best Answer

This happened today after I updated to the latest version. I tried to hold the button for 15 seconds as the instructions, but it doesn't respond as you wrote. Just a smileyface and then one vibration and the charging screen. 

Best Answer
I had to get a replacement in the end and luckily it was still in warranty.
Best Answer

Mine was right after the update too.  😞

Best Answer

I too am having the same problem it’s driving me mad.  My husband bought this for me as a Xmas present and to start with it was great and then after we’d had the warm weather at Easter the battery life would run down to 1% daily instead of keeping its charge for 5 - 7 days.  Now it’s doing what you described driving me nuts.  I therefore tried the solution mentioned but still the same.  Husband is trying to find the receipt so we can send it back really disappointed as had a charge 2 before and it was fab.  Help!! 

Best Answer

Mine started yesterday with the hr reading from 130 to 170 while I was sitting on the couch.  Manually checked hr, and it was around 65.  Then screen started switching and buzzing.  Restarted it once, ran ok for a few minutes, then hr jumped up and screens started switching again.  It quickly depleted my battery.  wouldn't restart while switching.  continued switching clock face/notification on two different chargers.  restarted it on the charger, it charged to 100%, and a few hours later it's on my wrist reading 125bpm as I sit at the computer with a pulse between 60-70bpm.  I sent an email to support.  This is my first fitbit, and right now I'm tempted to say my last fitbit.  It only took fitbit about 24 hours to get back with me.  Todays been my best tracked day ever [sarc].  603 active minutes, 8280 calories burned and the only correct reading is 5935 steps. 

Well, it worked for a week, then today started the whole vibrating/flashing screen deal.  plugged it in for a hard restart, and it continued acting up for a minute, then appeared to start acting right.  While on charger it was at 84% battery.  I went outside to continue with my yard chores, came in and decided to check it 2 hours later and it was dead.  Plugged it in, restarted it, and it shows 1% battery.  It synched on the charger and shows 83 active minutes, when I got maybe 5-10 active minutes while working outside.  grrrr....

Yes, I did reply to support about it failing again. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community Forums @boggsa! I've recommend restarting your Charge 3 or changing the clock face to a different one as suggested here. Let me know if the suggestions work for you. 

Welcome on board @Annasvensson! Thanks for already trying the long restart. I'd recommend, from the clock face, swipe to Settings and tap Reboot Device

Welcome here @Smartie_16I totally understand how are you feeling. I appreciate your feedback. 

I went ahead and created a case for you with our Support Team. Someone will reach out to you soon to offer their assistance. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this account.

Welcome to the Community Forums @SunsetRunner! Thanks so much for taking the time to troubleshoot the issue with your Charge 3.

I'm glad to hear our Support Team has been helping you since your last post. Please keep an eye on your inbox for updates. 

Let me know if there's any questions present. 

Best Answer

Mine does this as well.

I've followed the following forum suggestions

1. Attach to usb power cord and depress button for 15 seconds to restart; watched it restart. disconnected from usb power cord; reconnect to usb power cord. 

2. Changed the clockface

My watch still vibrates and cycles between screens.

I've had Fitbit since 2015, sadly I'm on my 2nd charge 3 as weren't able to resolve my blank screen problems from my last charge 3 (I paid full price for both).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

This is a happening to me too.  Exact same thing.   Obviously a big with the device.  Seems like the screen or button is stuck.

I tried the suggestions above, but it is not working.  I'm going to return.

D

Best Answer

Mine is doing this as well since the last update. Has anyone been able to fix this without having to get a new one ? 

Best Answer

What do I do if this doesn't work? 

Best Answer
0 Votes