Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 is constantly vibrating and screen going on and off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All of a sudden the Fitbit keeps vibrating then the screen keeps switching between click face and the notification screen. Had to take it off. The charge is at 42% so it’s not battery life.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
606 REPLIES 606

Thanks.  I'll check it out.

yes very disappointing.  seems like all they want is for you to buy a new fitbit.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

It just started to work again.....I had to restart it and then when it started I had to go into Setting---RebootGood Luck ...it took about 8 times before it started to work again

It finally started to work...I had to hold down the reset on the side of the Charge 3 while it was plugged in and they to restart...it would come back on but then do the same thing again ....repeated the process...it finally stayed on for awhile...i then had to reset ......Settings --- Reset ( more than once) it has been working for about 4hrs but, who knows how long it will last .....GOOD LUCK!!!!!

OUT OF WARRANTY .....OF COURSE!!!!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue, FitBit responded with the instructions of a hard restart, my Fitbit goes from bar to Smiley Face right away OR no bar and Smiley face. The HR is THROUGH the roof, so I shut it off because it is ruining my data.

I just am at a loss. I have done everything, tried all the tricks and nothing. 

This clearly is a huge issue with the Charge 3 and has been from the beginning. MyCMy 2 STILL works, the upgrade was deemed better and well... From all the issues everyone has I beg to differ.

Are we going to get ANY help with this other than the typical response of restarting that clearly does not work.

Thanks. Stay safe and healthy everyone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!

I tried that suggestion but it didn't work, although I did hear the 7 short vibrations.

When I contacted Customer Support and told the representative that the green light still is on when I place it against my wrist, I was told there are no more suggestions and that my display is faulty.

Before I purchase I new fitbit, are there any other suggestions I can try?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit is doing my head in!!! Just vibrating and flicking between clock and screen wake choice screen. I can’t get it to reset. It’s got funny lines across top and bottom of the screen. I want to throw it out the window!! Any suggestions, the side button is unresponsive so something that doesn’t involve that? I have to be up for work for 5 am that noise will drive me potty 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Started with black screen 2 days ago, set to charge but can only get small happy face with soft reset. Tried to change clock face thru app as suggested & eventually got retro clock face (changed thru app) to come up but with lines thru screen. Got to see battery at 1% after 2 days battery but app showed full. Then app wouldn’t sync w charger. Cust service of no help as barely out of warranty. Now it’s vibrating! Last app update was Apr 20 but I probably updated few days later from habit & looks like FitBit has fried our trackers. How convenient after a new version was just released. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

In addition the vibrations mine also has two black lines at the top of the display like is is going out. I've reset it as indicated a few times I'm just wondering if these means I need a replacement?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Constant vibrations especially when on a call. Quite jarring. Won’t stop till you take the device off and press the side button several times like crazy. New to Fitbit and enjoying it - especially the sleep tracker but the buzzing against my wrist keeps me up and is enough to say bye. What to do. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, she's dead, my Charge 3 has officially died. Fitbit responded to my email of how to hard restart my device. I tried multiple times and nothing worked the way it should, or how Fitbit described (ie 7 vibrations, a progress bar, etc). After doing that my Charge 3 only lasted a day on a full charge and had a single line through the screen. Last night it started to pulse excessively and then died. I put it on the charging cable and left it. Came back and it is not responsive at all. Not when unplugged or plugged in.

Not at all happy, nor impressed. Clearly there is an issue with their product. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It may do! Good luck with contacting customer support. They will replace
it if it’s in warranty if not you’ve had it sorry.

I just wish they’d acknowledge there’s a fault with the charge 3.

Good luck !!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this issue as well.  i have tried to do what you suggested to the others and it keeps blacking out.   What else should I be doing to get this to work correctly?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is what they told me today. I am outside my warranty so ooppssss... b.s.

It is bologna that they cannot just acknowledge that they have a screwy product. Companies do recalls all the time. 

I am switching companies. I need something and I refuse to stay with fitbit brand. Nope.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Find a NEW TRACKER!!! YES. Mine is now dying with lines showing up....garbage!!!!I will never buy one again.... waste of money.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately mine started the same thins yesterday. I have tried every thing on here and nothing has solved this. Looks like it is time for another one.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I need to buy a new one myself.....mine is totally dead now!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this same problem.  I have tried everything.  Is there any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

UPDATE: By the time I finally tried contacting support my Fitbit completely died and would not stop vibrating if disconnected from the charging cable and would only show me either the smikey face or the progress bar when plugged in. Support determined my device was beyond fixing and sent me a 25% off coupon but guess what there is a 30% off sale for Mother's Day happening the same day. I had just ordered 5 replacement bands so instead of paying full price for a brand new that I knew wasn't going to last I just bought a used one at 80% discount from someone at my gym who had upgraded to a smart watch. I will not that one of the connecting discs on my fitbit was completely worn down/black instead of gold. Just FYI to anyone else having these issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
You have to buy a new one
Best Answer
0 Votes
Funny I just ordered one!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, hope you have better luck than the rest of us.

Best Answer
0 Votes