Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 is constantly vibrating and screen going on and off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All of a sudden the Fitbit keeps vibrating then the screen keeps switching between click face and the notification screen. Had to take it off. The charge is at 42% so it’s not battery life.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
606 REPLIES 606
Me too they are sending me another one
Best Answer
0 Votes

Help!  Mine is doing the same - started two days ago.  Tried all the reboot suggestions and nothing is working!  My Charge 3 is less than a year old.  Any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
You must be in the warrenty period. Now, just a warning. They will do this
all over again in 13 mths so be ready to buy again
Best Answer
0 Votes
Contact customer service. Get a replacement.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes - very frustrated as this has happened before.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nothing you can do but toss it.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Nothing you can do but toss it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have same problem as everyone here but i cannot contact the support because links to chat are not working - is there any other way to contact support? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I emailed them then they called me. Sorry
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was given a telephone number by John Lewis (who I bought watch from) and called them. Unfortunately I don't have piece of paper anymore. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having similar problems.  Have used Charge, Charge 2,Charge 3 which is 15 months old.  Has generally always held charge 6-7 days.  2 days ago started intermittently buzzing and randomly flashing charge status battery symbology. Did not seem to want to fully charge.  Today constantly intermittent buzzing, then completely dead.  Will not accept charge at all.  What’s up Fitbit?? Seems to be a battery problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just went to check if my Fitbitwas finally charging and it is too hot to even hold.  Obviously some problem with these batteries.  Afraid it might catch fire if I try charging it more and it gets any hotter.  Fitbit -HELP!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
If you are within your 1 yr, call support
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been a Fitbit customer for years and they really have gone downhill.  I started with the Flex, then Charge 2, then Blaze and lastly the Charge 3. 

All my issues have been with the Charge 3 that I purchased in December of 2018.  In September of 2019 my Charge 3 lost it's mind and did the constant vibrating,etc. that has been discussed in this thread.  I called support and since I was within my one year warranty they sent me a replacement.

My replacement started acting up today, 8 months after receiving it.  Same issues.  I was told by support they could not replace my Charge 3 since they base their warranty on the date of the original purchase; not the date of the replacement

They offered me a 25% discount but only on certain items that I suspect they want to get rid of and you guessed it, the Charge 3 is one of them.  I had considered upgrading to the Charge 4 in the hopes it didn't have the same issues as the Charge 3 but it's not offered.

As a side note, when I called support the phone rang once and then dead silence so I hung up and called again.  Same deal, one ring and dead silence but a few seconds later someone answered.  Also, their online chat doesn't work.  You fill out all your information and submit and then receive a page that tells you they "have taken another path", whatever that is supposed to mean.

Fitbit support used to be excellent but not anymore.

Best Answer

Step 7..plug back into the charger....but do you once again press the side button for 15 seconds?

Best Answer

I actually have a Fitbit charge 2 and in the middle of the night it wouldn’t stop. It woke me up. I tried the hold down button and the Fitbit figure shows up but then Goes back to battery and again rebuzzes at notification. I have changed the clock face in the app as well. 

This is annoying especially in the middle of the night! 

Best Answer

This is happening with my Charge 3 as well.  Started last night.  I spoke with someone in customer support this morning and we attempted to reset it but it will not.  I was advised to purchase a new device.  Absolutely unacceptable since this one is only 15 months old!  My first Charge 2 is still working!  Obviously this is a systemic problem since I’m not the only one having it.  Fit bit should do something!

Best Answer
Fitbit should be held accountable for their product! Mine was 14 months
old. I am going to a different brand. Probably garmin
Best Answer

I have tried multiple times to restart and it will not.  I have also changed the clock face which was successful but the device continues to vibrate and switch between displays.  It does not respond to touch so I can’t try to restart it since I can’t get to settings.  Very frustrated!!!!!!

Best Answer

I have spoken with 3 people now at Customer support - since my device is 14 months old all they will offer me is a 25% discount on a new charge 3.  I must sound really stupid on the phone - why on earth would I purchase another device with a known defect????  I will be going to look at apple watches this afternoon.  Goodbye fit bit.

Best Answer