Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 is constantly vibrating and screen going on and off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All of a sudden the Fitbit keeps vibrating then the screen keeps switching between click face and the notification screen. Had to take it off. The charge is at 42% so it’s not battery life.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
606 REPLIES 606

Hi Dave

Fitbit replied to my message and exchanged my charge 3 and so far no further issues but I fear that this is a common problem with this particular Fitbit charge from what I’ve read on this forum and the internet.  Good luck  

Hi I don’t think so Fitbit sent me a new one which so far I’ve had no issues with 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Did this thank you. It worked. But the same thing happened again this am. Do I have to do this every day .

thank you,

Kathleen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine started this yesterday.  I restarted, but it did not fix the problem.  I held the flashing green light on the back for 15 seconds, which did something, but not sure what.  It was so distracting when I went to bed that I  took it off and laid it face down.  This morning, it seemed to work, but then it started going back to notification screen.  I went to my tablet and turned off all notifications on the Charge 3.  I left on the email.  So far, so good.  Hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I am also having this problem as well. Started with a blank screen this morning when I took it off the charger (2ns time this has happened since getting it in January). I placed it back on the charger and held down the button for 15 min. Screen finally turned back on, but now it keeps cycling through the Screen Wake screen and Home Screen. I've tried changing the clock face, no luck. Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately this is what happened to my Fitbit.  Fitbit did replace my Charge 3 because I had had it since Christmas so you may have to contact them direct.  I think this is an ongoing issue that the Charge 3's have sadly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What I tried worked for about an hour, then it started doing the same thing again.  I got online and had a chat with a rep from fitbit.  Since my warranty was still in effect, they are sending me a replacement.  You may have to do the same.

Hopefully the replacement is upgraded, since it seems so many are having the same problem.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Let's hope so.  Although to be fair I haven't experienced any issues since I have been using my replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community Forums @John531@Nsstuefl, and @Dave_W63! Thanks for taking the time to follow the tips and recommendations provided here. 

I've created a case to get you in contact with our Support Team about this. They will be able to work with you and review your options. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this Fitbit account. Someone will be in contact with you soon!

Hey there @Bethrosesmith and @LWH, it's nice to see you around! I was about to create a support case on your behalf, but I've seen you contacted our Support Team after posting here and that they have helped you with this. Keep an eye on your inbox for updates on your case. 

Hello @Knockgraffon, it's great to have a new member in the forums! We're happy to hear that the steps recommended worked for you.

Welcome on board @Smartie16! I'm glad to hear that our Support Team replaced your Charge 3. It's great to hear you've had no issues with it. 

I'll be around if there's anything else I may do to assist you with.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

With your replacement did you encounter any issue i am on my second and now it is doing it to this one only after a month seriously thinking about getting an Apple Watch instead as not happy with issues not going buy a new one every year if runs out of warranty. I use it for swimming gym. 

Best Answer
Hi Anna09,
Thanks for reply. Well this is driving me mad.
It stops & starts vibrating at random times. I tried the usb connection, & then held my finger on it for 10seconds. No smiley face appeared. It just didn’t work. This evening I tried turning it on & off once or twice, that stopped it. Only got it as a present for my birthday end of Feb. it was fine till this am.
So I’ll give it another while before I make up my mind, as its still under warranty. Good luck with yours.
Thanks again for your advice.
Knockgraffon.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

How long have you had the ur replacement for?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had my replacement since the 13th May and so far so good 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't have it yet, so I cannot answer that question.  Hopefully it will come soon.  In the meantime, I have my Fitbit 1 that I have had since 2012, and it still works, so  I will be using it instead.  Unfortunately, it is not waterproof.

UPDATE:

I just got the confirmation today that it would be replaced. My charge 3 was perfect until yesterday, and then it started acting crazy.  Hopefully the replacement will last longer.  I have a Fitbit 1 that I have had since 2012, and it still works.  However I wanted the Charge 3 because it is waterproof and looks like a watch.  My daughter is going to get the Versa, so I hope she does not have problems with it.  Thankfully Fitbit stands behind their product, and they are going to replace it for me.

Moderator edit: content

Best Answer
0 Votes

A month, yes mine 1st one did that and now the replacement has too seriously jacked off with thinking of asking for a refund and getting an Apple Watch instead.

Moderator edit: content

Best Answer
0 Votes

That’s great news hope it works well for you 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi thanks for reply. Can you tell me how I go about a replacement, & is it possible you have Fitbit’s service tel, No. I would be much obliged.
Thank you,
Knockgraffon.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi sorry I don't have their number as they contacted me after I posted on this forum about my Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your help.
Knockgraffon.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
877 623 4997.  I did mine with an online chat.Sent from my Galaxy Tab A
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
They contacted me through this forum. You could go to their help page.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes