Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 is not pairing with Bluetooth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Any new information out there about steps to take to fix Charge 3 syncing problem with Bluetooth? I tried all the Fitbit suggestions and nothing works. Now my clock is OFF by 18 minutes ?????? Need some help here, thanks friends.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
56 REPLIES 56

I totally understand where your concern is coming from @Redsoxgrl15Our team routinely test new devices to ensure full compatibility with Fitbit devices and the Fitbit app, and are constantly working to confirm compatibility with new phone models. Be sure to verify that your phone meets the minimum operating system requirements. Note that the majority of Android phones running version 4.4 or higher will work with our products. 

Hi there @Martingail23. Thanks so much for coming back and letting me know the outcome. 

I went ahead and created a case for you with our Support Team. Someone will reach out to you soon to offer their assistance. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this account. 

Let me know if you have any questions present. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

So the best of all..
Support team suggested me few steps to solve the problem with my device, to which my device did not react at all.
So now support team is saying that this is because my Mobile is not compatible with the device, I am failing to understand how the compatibility of the device with my phone impacts the reaction of the tracker itself which is not connected to my phone and my laptop(which is my original issue here).
Furthermore, my device was working perfectly fine for last 6 months without any issues with the same phone and laptop. From last one month my device is not syncing with my phone or with my laptop.
But now, as my phone is not on their authorised device list they are coming back with the same answer but not solving the problem (With my laptop).
Can anyone help me here?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I honestly don't think they actually read entire emails. Send them another short one saying you can't get it to connect to your laptop that is on their approved list. Also say you want to speak to their higher up about it because their customer service is lacking.

I had to get aggressive for them to honour my warranty and it wasn't until my tracker completely died and at least 10 emails between us.

Best Answer
0 Votes

On 9-10 MarreFitbit said: "Note that the majority of Android phones running version 4.4 or higher will work with our products." She forgets that almost no phone with Android 9.0 (Pie) will work seamlessly with most (all?) Fitbit trackers. This still is a BIG problem. I just tried the latest Fitbit app (3.5) on a new Samsung Galaxy A40  (Android 9.0 installed). Syncing goes better than before with my Charge 3. About 7 out of 10 times syncing goes well. But notifications still doesn't work at all because of the pairing problem. I tried that on my Charge 3 as well as on Charge 2. 

Both trackers do work fine on an Apple iPhone 6...

Well dear Fitbit people, there's still a lot of work to do!

Martin
Best Answer

I'm having the exact same problem.  I unpaired my bluetooth as suggested to solve my syncing problem but now cannot get paired back up!!  I've also tried everything suggested.  So frustrated right now.  My clock is behind 10 minutes as of now.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.   I've had my Charge 3 since February with no problems until now!

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's what started happening with mine and within 2 days it was completely dead. At least if it dies yours is still under warranty. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your response
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am trying to get my message alerts back on Charge 3 via IPhone 6s. I have even been to the IStore in London. There is no “I” next to the Charge 3 entry under Bluetooth in Settings. Please help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Marre. My Fitbit is new, but it was working and pairing fine for weeks. It one day just won’t pair. It says Cannot locate device. I’ve logged off back on. Put it aside for a few days!! Nothing works.  Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

FITBIT is in the running for the Worst tech company of all time right in front of EPSON.. My CHARGE 3 is suppose to auto sync with the phone Samsung A5 2017 AND EVERY SINGLE DAY I NEED to REBOOT the device, turn the Bluetooth off and on and "re-pair" the charge 3 to my phone to get it to sync...

at one point it stopped presenting all together and for 15 days would not pair or sync.. I failed to factory reset the charge 3 as I could not do the 9 steps involved. "hold the button 3 sec, release and hold the other button 9 sec WTF" give me a pin hole to reset. I let the charge 3 battery die completely charged it up and now it manually pairs and sync's AT this point i believe it is just really crappy coding by fitbit. before i did a firmware update it was pairing but had other issues. NOW I FIND my phone is not SUPPORTED... like really you guys SUCK....  I would also like to say I created a Twitter account just to publicly warn everyone NOT TO Buy a FITBIT

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had all kinds of trouble with mine pairing until I  had to get a new phone.  I had a Samsung 6 Active that I'd had for almost 4 years.  It had paired just fine for the first 6 months that I had my Charge 3.  Anyway, after I got my new Samsung 10 Note everything works just fine.  Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note10, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone
Best Answer

My Charge 3 will not pair either with my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.  Also will not pair with my lenovo Windows 10 laptop. 

I've tried the recommended steps (above) and still no luck, it sounds to me that this Charge 3 has defects, and many of us are having connection / Bluetooth problems. 

Can someone help me with the next steps after I uninstalled / attempted to re-connect - no luck! 

Please help! 

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wonder what caused this? It is not possible to sync the clock with my iPhone. Fitbit3 is 1:21 minutes off from my iPhone. I will ask the shop to replace this clock.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After trying to add the charge 3 several times to hopefully allow the syncing but failed, I gave up and decided to remove the Fitbit app from my Android phone. I waited half a day when I got home to download the Fitbit app from Play store. Completed the information as though first time setting up. 
Note:  initially I was notified that the same username (email) was already taken. Of course it was me. So I kept trying to log in maybe 3 time with the prefilled username and password. It worked when I cleared each field, then I got into the Fitbit app. Be sure to keep the charging Fitbit watch next to the smartphone.  I was able to set up my Charge 3 into the new Fitbit app.  Finally my watched was syncing from my smartphone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue as many have posted ... Charge 3 not pairing, or even showing up as an option to pair, with bluetooth.  It had been working fine for the longest time, but yesterday stopped working and refuses to work now.  Please help.

Best Answer

I have done all the steps you listed on this site, but nothing is working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got a replacement and got a new Fitbit3. No, news about the problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm really cross as I'm having the same issues.  Totally useless now.  Date and time wrong, finds my charge 3 but won't connect and not showing on Bluetooth devices.  It has been working fine until just recently so I know its not the mobile I have (android).

Best Answer

I've got a Huawei P20 and an iMac and neither of them can find any evidence of the existence of my Fitbit Charge 3.

My clock is now 15 minutes slow.

When I tried to uninstall and reinstall the fitbit connect app - it stops at a point where it says my bluetooth isn't turned on. I can only assume that this means the bluetooth on the Fitbit device itself isn't turned on as I'm typing this on a bluetooth keyboard with a bluetooth mouse three inches away from the Fitbit Charge 3 - both of these devices are working.

On my phone I've installed, uninstalled, unpaired, restarted and followed the instructions here on a number of occasions to no avail.

My Fitbit 3 is invisible to bluetooth - which for a bluetooth device is something of a shortcoming.

Best Answer
0 Votes