Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 is not showing anything on the display after Firmware Update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have literally just done the latest update on my charge 3 now I have nothing showing up on my screen. If I do a reset we see the happy smiley face (not mine), if I change the clock face you see the line saying it is being changed but apart from that nothing.

Is anybody else having this problem?

really annoyed

Larry

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
21 REPLIES 21

Did you try restarting it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep three times it shows the face but that’s it so simple remedy I’m sending it back & I’ll go back to my charge 2 which has never let me down. This is my second one & the first one went back as well so all in all will never buy a Fitbit product again.

Best Answer

Thanks for stopping by @Larryf666! Sorry to hear about the inconveniences you've been having with your Charge 3. Thanks switching to a different clock face and for restarting your tracker as @SunsetRunner suggested. Robot Very Happy

There have been some updates to the clock face features with this update. When using Mod Clock or Analog Stat you should be able to cycle through date and stats. Try tapping on the clock face to see all your stats. 

Let me know the outcome, I'll be around! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

What is the point of tapping on the watch face when the screen remains blank & won't show anything. As I said it's going back & I will never purchase a Fitbit again the Charge 3 has most definitely ruined my enjoyment of using to help with my fitness.

Apple watch is the way forward I think.

Best Answer

Sounds like you have the same issue as me and others. Chat with support online.  They will go through a few steps and then send you a replacement.  It seems that the update has bricked some devices.  For me, I would reset and see the smiley face, but nothing else would happen and my phone could not see it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased my Fit it charge 3 on 18/01/19 and today the display isn’t working. I have tried to hold down the button as suggested but that hasn’t worked. Does anyone have further suggestions please?

@Larryf666 wrote:

I have literally just done the latest update on my charge 3 now I have nothing showing up on my screen. If I do a reset we see the happy smiley face (not mine), if I change the clock face you see the line saying it is being changed but apart from that nothing.

Is anybody else having this problem?

really annoyed

Larry

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer

Sounds bricked.  Mine did the same thing. Call support.  They will replace your FitBit (after they torture you by making you do all the resets, etc. etc.).

Best Answer

My Charge 3 just quit displaying after only about 3 weeks.   Customer service said they will replace it but it is taking over 12 days to get the new one.  I loved the Charge 2 ( which I gave away ) but have little confidence in the new & "upgraded" Charge 3.   

Time will tell.

Best Answer
Hi
I am pleased to say that I contacted support and they sorted it within a few hours.
Hopefully it will remain like that .
Dawnse60

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Fitbit support did check the Charge 3.  Fitbit support, from my experience, is one of the best support services.  They were most helpful and arranged for a replacement within a few hours.   

My issue is the "quality" of the Charge 3.

Best Answer

I’m now having the same issue! How do I reset charge 3 w/out a screen showing? 

Best Answer

Try going to the Charge 3 icon on your phone.  Change the clock face to another face and see if that works.   I  came across this quite by accident but now it's displaying correctly.  

Before, when the screen was black, not even the charge % would show.  Let me know if this works for you.

Fitbit will replace the Charge 3 but it takes forever for them to get the replacement to you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did the reset now it’s not showing any activity min..?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Try changing the clock face - this worked for me.  Let me know if that works for you.  Doing a "reset" did not work for me but when I changed the clock face to another face, the Charge 3 works fine.

Best Answer
Hi

This was what was sent to me and it resolved the proble
Good luck

In this case, it is very important to restart the tracker once again to clear any error. Sometimes it might take a couple attempts to make it work:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display.
4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

If it's still not working, please follow these other steps for the long restart:

1. Connect the device to the charging cable.
2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds.
3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration.
4. The device turns off.
5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. 6. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur.
7. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

If the issue persists after following our recommendations, please let us know so we can further assist you. If you have any other question or request, include them in your reply.

Sincerely,
Esvieta C. and the Fitbit Team

--
Reply directly to this email to update your case. #28875490

Join the growing Fitbit Community! Get answers. Stay motivated. Find Fitbit friends.

ref:_00D40N2lj._5000b1Pbwwi:ref
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thanks for this post.  Worked!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! Changing the clock face worked!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Glad to hear that worked. Also, I had a problem getting my Charge 3 to sync with my Samsung S10+ and found that restarting the phone solved the syncing issue.

Rob
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried this troubleshooting method but I don't even get the smile icon on display after holding down the side button for 8 seconds. My Fitbit will track steps, sleep, etc. but there is a blank display. I even tried changing the clock face and there was no change, still a blank display. Ever since the firmware update, I have had this issue. Any other thoughts to try and get this fixed?

Best Answer