Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 keeps displaying "www.fitbit.com/setup.com"

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi.I have set up my new fitbit charge 3.It is fully charged but it will not display anything but the fitbit logo and the website www.fitbit.com/setup.I have tried to troubleshoot doing a restart as per the website but still no luck.Can anyone help?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome on board @Murleye, it's nice to see you around the Forums! Thanks for already restarting your Charge 3, nice way to go!

The following steps below should get you past the Fitbit setup screen on your tracker.

1. Make sure that your Charge 3 is fully charged.

2. Restart your Charge 3 once again by following those steps.
3. Reboot your mobile device that you are setting up with (check your phone is supported by the Fitbit app).

4. Use the replacement setup process mentioned here to re-pair your tracker to your account.

Keep me posted on how it goes! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Welcome on board @Murleye, it's nice to see you around the Forums! Thanks for already restarting your Charge 3, nice way to go!

The following steps below should get you past the Fitbit setup screen on your tracker.

1. Make sure that your Charge 3 is fully charged.

2. Restart your Charge 3 once again by following those steps.
3. Reboot your mobile device that you are setting up with (check your phone is supported by the Fitbit app).

4. Use the replacement setup process mentioned here to re-pair your tracker to your account.

Keep me posted on how it goes! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this same problem but can't restart my charge 3. I have done everything I'm supposed to. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community Forums @Clairelouise03. If the regular restart hasn't worked. I'd recommend torestart Charge 3 using the 15-second method

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again

Then, please try the steps below:

1. Remove the Charge 3 from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use.
  3. Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.
  4. Setup your Charge 3 as a replacement.

Give this a go and let me know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried the 15 seconds method, and it just shuts down. No vibrations, nothing. It still shows the setup screen, and the device wont sync nor update. Just bought it last week and it wont sync at all. My own watch sync's just fine but the new one wont. I did delete my own first and then tried to sync the new one for a family member. It doesnt work on two other iPhones either. Mine's an iPhone 8, theirs iPhone 5 and 6S

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community Forums @NadiaU. Thanks for the steps you've tried so far in order to solve the issue with your Charge 3.

I've created a case to get you in contact with our Support Team about this. They will be able to work with you and review your options. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this Fitbit account. Someone will be in contact with you soon! 

Let me know if you have any questions present. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem.

Regardless of how I restart my Cherge 3, after the smile appearing, it keeps saying fitbit.com/setup

There are any other ways to reboot the watch and start from scratch or it is a hardware problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I Have tried both methods to restart the Charge 3 with no luck, the display still has the scrolling ‘setup’. the first method produced a smiley, the 15 second method didn’t turn it off at all, scroll keeps going. I restarted my phone as well. Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found the account button on the upper LEFT side of the app. It looks like a head and shoulders. Tap on that and it brings you to the real account screen where you can select add a new device. It will tell you to make sure to have the Charge 3 connected to the charger and that it is started. After that it WILL work. It took me quite a while to actually find where to tap to go to the account screen. I'm now download an update and my Charge 3 is in sync with my phone. 

Best Answer

I don't have a smartphone, but I was able to remove my old Fit Bit that was synced to my account on my laptop.  And I was able to add the new Charge 3 to my Fit Bit account on my laptop, so it is added and synced, but I can't get the actual Fit Bit to work past the "www.fitbit.com/setup.com".

Best Answer

did not work just logo and www.fitbit.com/setup

Best Answer
0 Votes

does shut down after a few trys but when you plug it back in the logo is back i have yet to see the time.

Best Answer
0 Votes